Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Hermione POV

With everything going on at school, the Hogsmeade trip approached faster than she realized was possible. She was working so hard between studying for her OWL exams, supporting SPEW, setting up DA meetings and trying to keep Ron and Harry out of trouble that it was all of a sudden, the Hogsmeade trip. Hermione hadn't even realized it was Valentine's Day until Harry was complaining about it at breakfast. "What am I supposed to with Cho for an entire day?"

"I wouldn't worry about it, Harry. You will work something out." Hermione comforted her friend.

Ron asked between bites of sausage. "What do you want to do today, Hermione?"

"Oh... I actually... have plans today." She blushed a bright shade of red.

Had she really been so busy with everything going on that she didn't tell anyone about her and George's date? "Plans? What plans? You never have plans." Ron's eyebrow creased in the middle.

"I sort of... have a date today." Hermione blushed and ducked her head down into her cup of pumpkin juice.

"Date?" Harry asked with a smile on his face. "Congratulations, Hermione."

"Date? With who?" Ron asked with his mouth open.

Just then, the twins sat down next to the two boys. "Ready for today, Hermione?" Fred asked her with a devilish smile on his face. "You guys are going to meet up with Angelina and I later in the day. I just had to crash and make sure you weren't breaking my brother's heart, of course." The boy winked at the blushing Gryffindor girl.

"Brother?" Ron asked with an incredulous look on his face. "Which one?"

George rolled his eyes. "Well Ron, It would be a bit weird if Charlie was coming to pay a visit from Romania to take your friend on a date, wouldn't it." The twin grabbed for a piece of toast and winked at Hermione.

Ron's mouth dropped. "You?"

"Well, I don't know how many other brothers you have at Hogwarts right now. Seeing as it's not you and Fred is dating Angelina..." George trailed off as he chewed on the toast.

Ginny smiled at grabbed onto Hermione's elbow. "You better tell me everything when you return. I mean it. Everything."

As Ron continued to stare with his mouth wide open, Neville turned to him. "You can come to Hogsmeade with Luna and I. We are going to Honeydukes first."

The Gryffindor boy looked like that was the last thing he wanted to do but seeing as he didn't have any other options, he got up and left with the other Gryffindor and Ravenclaw girl. Fred wished George good luck as he left after them while he held Angelina's hand. "Ready to go?" George asked.

"Don't hurt her, George Weasley or I'll hex you into next week. I'm not afraid. And you! Everything, Hermione Granger. I mean, everything!" Ginny shook her head in disbelief with a huge smile on her face as Hermione walked out of the Great Hall with her older brother.

"Don't you think Ginny should've warned me not to hurt you? Not the other way around?" Hermione giggled as George shook his head.

"She's very protective over you. There aren't many girls in her life. Let alone, girls she can stand. You're one of her good friends. I'm just a brother and she certainly has got plenty of those." He chuckled as they walked outside into the cold, Winter air.