Chapter Six

Chapter Six

George POV

The twins were trying to work on a way of covering their fresh scar on the back of their hands from detention, but they were unsuccessful in their attempts. "No point in trying to hide it. We will just have to act confident and hope no one notices." Fred sighed. "Ready?"

"Ready." George sighed before painting a perfect smile on his face. They both had the same easy going smiles on their face and were laughing to each other when they reached the bottom of the staircase to the common room. Hermione got up from a golden colored arm chair and tucked her book that she must've been reading under her arm. She stormed up to them and they froze. "Good morning, Hermione." George smiled.

"We haven't gotten in trouble yet today. We swear." Fred added.

"No need to send us to detention." They laughed together.

She was in no mood to laugh. "Let me see your hand."

The mood instantly shifted. Fred and George shoved their hands into their jean pockets. "What're you so worried about, Hermione?"

"Let me see your hand. Now." Hermione growled and dug George's hand out of his jean pocket.

"Jeez, Hermione take me on a date first—" the joke was cut off by Hermione's whimper at seeing the angered scar on the back of his hand.

"I did this." Tears welled into her eyes. "I caused this."

George saw the girl break down in front of him and he whipped away the tears that were falling onto her flushed cheeks. "No... no... it's not your fault. We would've ended up in detention anytime!"

"Yea we get loads of detentions, Granger." Fred patted the girls back. "Don't need to worry those curls off of your head."

"There needs to be changes around Hogwarts. Umbridge is not a fit teacher. She's a horrible and evil lady." Hermione leaned into George's hand and it made his heart feel lighter. He smiled at the Gryffindor Prefect in front of him. Had she always had those golden tints in her brown hair?

Fred sighed. "You're telling us. The 7th years are doing studies that they worked on from the 2nd year. It's like she's trying to get us killed once we all graduate."

Hermione froze. "Yea... it's like she's trying to make everyone unprepared for a war..." her composure changed, and George whipped away the last of her tears. She smiled thankfully and said quickly. "I have to go... I have an idea and I don't want it to slip away from me before I turn it into a reality." She turned on her heels and ran out of the common room.

"Mental she is sometimes. I don't know what you see in her." Fred said casually but it stopped George in his tracks.

"What?"

"Oh, come off of it. You are so obviously obsessed with the girl. When she walks into a room you look at her and you are always trying to comfort her." His twin tossed a toffee up and down casually. "I just wish you would admit it."

"There's nothing to admit." George flushed and sank into an armchair. He was thinking of the way she held his hand and the way she leaned into his touch. Was he really obsessed with Hermione Granger? The girl who he had grown up with. The girl that he had thought was obsessed with Ron up until this small and fleeting moment.

"Look at the way you look at each other." Fred shook his head. "Never mind. I wouldn't believe me either. I like to lie a lot. Remember that time that I lied to mum and told her that Ron was the one who ate all the cookies when in reality we—"