Chapter 25

Chapter Twenty-Five

Hermione POV

As the members of the group that arrived at Hogwarts from the Weasley's went into the Gryffindor common room, they were attacked with a loud squeal, "Won-won!" Lavender Brown jumped into his arms as he twirled her around, "I've missed you so much!"

Ron smiled and seemed to melt into the girl's arms. "I've missed you too, Lavender." Several of the other Gryffindors in the room sniggered.

Hermione laughed at her friend's blissful ignorance to the scene he was a part of. "There's a table over there... let's sit down."

Ginny hesitated. "I actually have to talk to Dean." She sounded grim.

Hermione raised an eyebrow at her friend who just shook her head as if to tell the other girl, talk about it later. Harry's green eyes followed the youngest Weasley with a look of disappointment. "I don't get what she sees in him."

"She'll pick the right person in the end." Hermione laid a hand on her friends arm in a comforting matter. "Let's just enjoy tonight and get ready for the next term. I'm sure you won't want to think of school with Dumbledore's and all your other classes."

He smiled sheepishly at her. "Thanks, Hermione. You're a good friend."

They sat around and enjoyed each other's company as their other friends wandered into the common room from holiday. Neville was telling them a story of how his grandmother had nearly chased him around the house because he accidentally said You-Know-Who's name over dinner. From the look of his face, it was sure to be his newest fear.

The next day, all of the 6th years were excited from the sign that was pinned to the common room notice board about apparition lessons. It cost 12 galleons and had a sign up available under the posting. "Are you two going to sign up?" Ron asked.

Harry seemed to turn a little green in the face. "I don't know... when Dumbledore apparated with me it made me feel sick."

"I better pass my test the first time. If the twins can, I'm sure it can't be that hard." Ron frowned at the sign.

Hermione smacked the back of her friend's head. "Your brothers aren't idiots, you know. Besides... didn't Charlie fail it the first time that he did it?"

Ron blushed, forgetting sometimes that Hermione would defend the twins when they weren't around. "Charlie's a lot bigger than me... I didn't mean... oh bloody hell... sorry."

As the other 6th years were busy talking animatedly about the prospect of apparition lessons, Harry disappeared with only Ron and Hermione noticing to his lesson with Dumbledore. Hermione took this opportunity to get out a piece of parchment and quill. Ron seemed to notice that she would be busy and snuck off somewhere with Lavender.

George,

Guess what?

6th years are finally being allowed to learn how to apparate! Now YOU will be the one getting surprised by ME as I apparate whenever I please. Although, I do think that you and Fred took it to the extreme back when you first turned 17.

Isn't it strange thinking how different our lives were just one year ago? You should see how nervous Ron is of failing the test. His only reasoning behind not wanting to fail the first time is because you two passed the first time! I will admit if I fail it I will be a little miffed that you both were better at something than me the first time around.