Chapter 11

I am fine one moment and then the next I hate myself and I don't know what to do anymore. My life is slowly becoming a living hell.
Now I'm struggling to hide how damaged I've become
:-)~~(-: Digiola Smith

STUPID MAN OO, SHAME ON YOU." Mrs. Odenigbo stuck her tongue out in mockery. "At your age and stage, you go about chasing everything in skirt, you should be ashamed of yourself, foolish old man." she insulted.

Somto sighed. His parents were at it again. He took a glance at his wristwatch, he had roughly about 30 minutes till assembly started. "mom, we should get going." he called out, hoping she'd back off insulting his father and drive him to school. He had no choice since his driver was on leave.

"stay out of this oo, lemme face this useless thing I call a husband." she shunned. "Sebi, is that thing between your leg, that short nonsense that my finger is even longer than. That's what's giving you mind to chase girls abi, I'll cut it of for you, bet me." She grabbed her husband by the collar, strangling it hoping to get a reaction from him. She hated the way he remained silent, she felt like an idiot.

"beat me now, touch me and see what I'll do." she yelled.

Somto rubbed his temple in frustration, he knew there was no way to convince his mom to back down. His mom was the definition of "trouble-maker." always ready to pick a fight for the slightest reason. He attributed that fact to her petite stature. His mom was barely above 5 feet and had a thin figure. It could be that she didn't want people to ride on because of her stature. The only thing he had in common with her was her coffee black skin, the rest was more from his dad.

"woman, don't stir up trouble. Leave me alone." his father pleaded, with a tone of anger laced in his voice as if restraining himself from doing something extreme.

"Idiot, now you can talk, Somto, warn yoir father oo. Warn this useless thing you call your father"

Somto sighed once more, ignoring his mother words and made his way to the car. He got inside and brought out his headset from his backpack and tuned in the music.

"when they are ready, they know where to find me." he mumbled to himself.

So much for a good morning!

**********

She stared at her appearance in the mirror

Great!

What she sees there was a girl, full of smiles, dressed in a sky blue short sleeve shirt tucked properly in a navy blue trouser.

She looked responsible.

Responsible student...  

The girl she saw in the mirror looked....

Happy....  

"who are you?" she mumbled to herself.

She took deep breaths to calm down her racing heart.

Breathe!!

Breathe, come on you gat this!!

Suddenly, she bursted into tears. "I can't do this anymore."

She flunged herself on the bed, staring into space, with tears streaming down her face.

"I am tired." she yelled to herself. "I'm just so tired, mehn!" she screamed.

On cue, someone came rushing down her room. When he saw the position she was in, he sighed. Gently, he sat on her bed and immediately, she buried her face in his shirt and cried.