𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑓𝑎𝑐𝑒 & 𝑐𝑎𝑠𝑡

When I was 12, both of my parents died in a car crash. I wasn't with them at the time, so I have no idea what their final moments were like. All I was told is that they were pronounced dead at the scene. And that they loved me.

CPS and the social worker, Ms. Knightly, thought it would be best if I moved in with my mom's brother and my uncle, Ray Molina, instead of my dad's sister who was still grieving the loss of her son 13 years later.

Life was super great and easy living with Uncle Ray and Aunt Rose, and their two kids, Julie (who is a year younger than me) and Carlos (who is about 5 years younger than me). I was progressing out of my grief pretty steadily with the help of Dr. Turner. When I was 15, I was pretty much back to normal, in terms of emotional and mental state.

Then, last year, when I was 16, Aunt Rose passed away. It didn't affect me as much as it did Julie, but still, losing the woman who was your second mother after losing the first?

Julie and I saw Dr. Turner 3 times a week. We'd have a little group session, and then we would have small individual sessions. It was usually a 20 minute little group session, followed by a 20 minute session for Julie and a 20 minute session for me. (That way Uncle Ray only had to pay for a single 1 hour session.)

I guess I should tell you who I am, now that you know all of my dark secrets and the roots of my trauma.

My name is Holland Aza Mace, the only daughter of Marissa Molina-Mace and Derek Mace. And death haunts my family like a curse.

- 𝚌𝚊𝚜𝚝 -

Lɪʟʏ Jᴀᴍᴇs𝑎𝑠Hᴏʟʟᴀɴᴅ Mᴀᴄᴇ

Lɪʟʏ Jᴀᴍᴇs
𝑎𝑠
Hᴏʟʟᴀɴᴅ Mᴀᴄᴇ

Lɪʟʏ Jᴀᴍᴇs𝑎𝑠Hᴏʟʟᴀɴᴅ Mᴀᴄᴇ