So Do I

Riley steps out from her bedroom in an East Village two-bedroom apartment that she shares with Alice. She stumbles out the door into the living room area and rolls over the backrest onto the fabric couch. A couple of pillows are lying on the couch but they didn't stop Riley from breaking her own wrist falling on them. Her eyes are not fully open just yet and she doesn't even want to wake up.

"This is why you broke your wrist." Alice with a cup of coffee in her hand says from the kitchen area that is not far away; a fully functional kitchen with only counters separating the area from the living room. Riley spent a few months putting this kitchen together. She wanted some sort of Food Network kitchen and she got it. "You should break another bone so you can ask that doctor out properly."

"I asked her out." Riley lifts her head up from the couch with her hair looks like it has been through war, not a night sleep. Nothing has been done more than what she already did. Riley is very good at leaving some space and she intends to keep that reputation although it might cause her this girl.

Alice shrugs. "Congratulations?"

"I asked her. She just hasn't answered and she hasn't called." Riley tries to fight for herself. Alice can't say that she chickened out because she did ask Julia out. That is a progression of her dating life. "Are you going out tonight?"

"Yeah. It's Friday night. I'm not going to stay home and play video games." Alice turns to the toaster as two toasts pop out of it. "Do you want some toasts?"

Riley's phone rings. It is in her good hand but that doesn't make her answer it any faster. She takes some time to look at the number that is shown on the screen. Some number that she doesn't recognize and her glasses are still on her night stand. 6 can be 8 and 2 can be 5. "Sunshine Cleaning Service, how can we help you today?"

"Hello?" The end of the call responds with so much confused in her voice. "Ah. I'm trying to reach Riley Flynn."

"This is Riley Flynn."

"This is Julia. Terrell. The doctor at Ridgeview hospital."

A smile slowly creeps on Riley's face. "Julia Terrell. The Doctor at Ridgeview hospital. Hi. This is Riley."

Alice immediately takes her quick steps towards Riley who is now sitting up on the couch. Her eyes light up nearly as bright as sleepyhead Riley's. She gets excited and tries to listen to every bit of the conversation while nipping her avocado toast. Crumbs are falling on the couch and Riley hates that but it doesn't seem to matter now.

"Hi." Riley seems to be able to repeat only one word and that might be enough.

"Are you also running a cleaning service?" Julia chuckles softly.

"No. No. That was just a joke." Riley starts to wave her casted arm around nervously as she speaks.

"Ask her out." Alice mouths while trying to stop Riley's arm from casting a spell.

"Julia..." Riley starts and then gets interrupted.

"What are you doing tonight?" Julia asks. There is not one bit of hesitation in her voice. She sounds confident and determined. She sounds like everything that Riley is not.

"Going out with you?" Despite the nervousness and the sweat in her palms, Riley tries to appear cheeky. If that isn't her intention, at least she can get some laugh out of it. She has plenty of jokes in her arsenal in case things go terribly wrong. She can also start a cleaning service if it's necessary.