Chapter 11

"Wise men say
Only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?"

A moan escaped your lips as you closed your eyes in pleasure. Ydris kept his gaze on you with a slight smile playing on his lips. You blushed a bit in embarrassment. "You have to tell me where did you learn to cook." A smile spread across your own face. "It's delicious." 

"I'm glad to hear that, but you should save these sweet noises that you're making somewhere else." You looked at him wide-eyed. Never would you have expected him to say something like that. You decided not to comment that, although you were sure your face looked like a tomato.  

Taking your phone from the table, you checked the time. You had two hours left to get to Valedale. A yelp of surprise left your lips when you were pulled against a body and two arms snaked around your waist. Leaning into him, you giggled when he started to trail small kisses down your neck. "Ydris." He hummed in response and rested his head in the crook of your neck. "I have to go." 

He only held you tighter. "Do you want to go, little dove?" He lifted his head and you turned around to face him. The truth was you didn't want to leave, but you knew that Elizabeth will be worried. "They're going to skin me alive if I won't show up at the meeting today." His eyes met yours, and his hands rested on your hips. "Another reason why you should stay." Shaking your head, you gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and stepped away. "You know I can't."

You made your way outside, where Xin was already waiting with [H/N]. Your horse happily neighed when he/she saw you. You thanked Xin and took [H/N]'s reins. Ydris's gaze was fixed on you the whole time. A shiver ran down your spine when you noticed how intense his stare was. You smiled at him and walked over to him. He pulled you into a loving embrace and buried his face into your hair. "I'll come back." Ydris placed a soft kiss on your lips and smirked. "I'll hold you to that promise, Mon Chéri." 

~

The first few minutes were pretty boring. Elizabeth addressed the things that were happening to you, but no one knew what caused it. Fripp just said that it's nothing to worry about. You let it go, because who could go against Fripp, right? Well, Dark Core could, but you weren't going to ask those creeps. The truth was that you wanted to join them one time, but you quickly decided against it when you realized how dumb they are.

After that it was mostly them, trying to figure out a plan to save Anne. They wanted you to accompany them to the Pandoria if something went wrong. You didn't want to go, because Concorde being a foal, well, it seemed a bit risky. Eventually, you agreed even though it was against your better judgement. 

After the meeting, you went to the stables in order to spend some time with [H/N]. That was until you saw a boy giving him an apple.  [H/N] obviously didn't want it, but the boy just kept trying. Rollin your eyes, you stepped to them. "Can you stop bothering my horse?" He turned around at your voice. "Uh, oh." Lifting your brows you watched him awkwardly scratch the back of his neck. Well, that is amusing. He looked like he just did something bad and is trying to find an excuse. "I-I'm sorry I didn't know that it will be a problem. I'm new to this job and I-" You waved it off. "Don't worry about it." Letting out a sigh of relief, he gave you a small smile. You came to stand in front of [H/N] and he/she nudged your hand. "My name is Nick, and since I'm sure I've met all the other girls, you must be [Y/N]" You turned your attention back to him. "Should I know you?" 

He shook his head but still kept smiling. "Like I said I'm new here. But it's nice to finally meet you, Lisa and the others talked a lot about you yesterday." You were unsure what to think of that. Nick held his hand out for you to shake it and you accepted. "Yeah, likewise." Expecting him to take his leave, you turned back to [H/N] and started saddling him up. "So you're going somewhere?" You almost jumped at the sound of his voice and turned your head slightly to look at him. "It's quite obvious, isn't it?" An awkward chuckle left his lips. "Can I join you? I wanted to explore the surroundings a bit and I'd love to have a company." 

"Sorry but I'm not coming back until tomorrow." You lead [H/N] outside. He/she was already getting impatient. "Okay, then perhaps another time," Nick shouted at you from the doorway. Rolling your eyes, you got on your horse. "Perhaps." Not waiting for him to start talking again you rode off. 

~

Since you still had some time left, you decided to visit your sister's grave. You were still angry at the druids, but there were more important things that needed to be dealt with. And you didn't want to avenge your sister anymore, after so many years you were finally able to accept the fact that she's gone and hurting someone else won't bring her back. Part of you didn't completely agree with that, but you just ignored it. Sometimes it's better to leave it things the way they are. 

You closed your eyes and leaned against the tree. Placing your hands on the soft grass you let your body completely relax and just enjoyed the nature around you. That was until you smelled something burning. You quickly opened your eyes and looked around, but everything seemed fine. Then you looked down at your hands and immediately jumped to your feet. Oh, s**t. The grass on the spots, where you laid your hands was burned. 

Too shocked to think of something, you quickly got onto your horse and ran away. You stopped when you neared Silverglade. "That was quite a run." Your eyes widened at the unknown voice, and you quickly looked around but found no one. What the hell. "What or who are we looking for?" Okay, I'm probably going insane. "Hello?"  You checked your surrounding again. "Uh, I don't think it's wise to stop in the middle of the road and talk to ghosts, sweetheart." To your surprise, [H/N] was looking around too. Your horse was actually speaking.  Now you have it confirmed, you're mad.  

Okay. You took a deep breath. My horse is just speaking, that's nothing weird.  "Are you okay up there?" [H/N] tilted his head to the side and peeked at you. "Uh, y-yes I guess." You stuttered out and commanded him/her to walk. "Just tell me how exactly is it possible that you are talking?" He/she snorted. "You only just noticed? I've been wondering why I've never got an answer." Shaking your head, you blinked a few times, trying to figure out if your mind wasn't playing tricks on you. "It's getting dark, shouldn't we speed up our pace?" You only nodded, unable to speak. Somehow, he/she seemed to notice and started galloping towards the circus.