Chapter 9

"I couldn't help but ask
For you to say it all again.
I tried to write it down
But I could never find a pen.
I'd give anything to hear
You say it one more time,
That the universe was made
Just to be seen by my eyes.
With shortness of breath, I'll explain the infinite
How rare and beautiful it truly is that we exist."

You couldn't concentrate on anything but his lips on yours. A feeling of warmth spreading throughout your whole body. You smiled into the kiss and put your hands around his neck, trying to pull him as close as possible. Your lips moved in perfect harmony. But your moment ended when you heard shouting from the outside.

You quickly pulled away just as the person you least expected walked in, followed by the rest of the Soul Riders. Mia along with the others stopped abruptly when they saw you so close to Ydris. You stood your ground not really bothered by their expressions, but a bit annoyed because of their timing. "I just hope you two didn't do anything inappropriate just before we appeared." Linda was the first one to break the silence. You chuckled at her comment and noticed that Lisa smacked her arm a little. "I was really hoping that Maya was saying nonsense and we wouldn't find you here," Alex said while taking a step in front of the group. "Look, I'd be very glad if you could just step away from him and come with us back to Valedale. We have some things to discuss." She said while eyeing Ydris suspiciously. "Why should I? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I already told you what I think of you're genius plan so I highly doubt there's something to talk about." You said uninterest, while Ydris put his hands on your shoulders. "We'll tell Elizabeth that you had to finish something first. But you should return for a night so she won't be worried." Linda told you before other girls could speak up and dragged the girls away.

You let out a breath you didn't realize you were holding. Ydris turned you around so now you were facing him again. He took your hands in his and only now you noticed that yours were shaking a little. "Everything's alright, little dove." He cupped your cheek and rested his forehead on yours.

~

Later that day you had a one-sided conversation with Elizabeth. Why one-sided? Perhaps it was because she was lecturing you about keeping a company of good and trustworthy people. You weren't really listening to her, because you couldn't concentrate on her voice. You had a headache and your whole body felt like it is on fire. Suddenly your vision became blurry. You closed your eyes and when you opened them you were no longer in Elizabeth's house but in a dark forest filled with mist. Blinking again you were back in the house. What the hell.

"I need some fresh air." You mumbled and rose from the chair taking a few steps towards the front door, but stumbled back because your legs were too weak to carry you. You fell to your knees and Elizabeth was quickly by your side helping you to stand up. But you couldn't, no matter how hard you tried. And just like that, you blacked out.

~

Where am I? It was freezing and you weren't sure where you were. Your breathing was heavy and your body felt like it was frozen, as you just stood in a complete emptiness of the forest you've seen before, waiting for whatever was to come next. "Hello? Can anybody hear me?" A feeling of hopelessness filled your entire being when no response came back. This has to be another nightmare. Sooner or later I'll wake up and - You quickly turned around when you heard a noise behind you but saw nothing. You tried to take a step forward to the direction it came from but your legs didn't work.

Turning back you widened your eyes in fear as a familiar horse was standing right in front of you. The horse that slightly resembled your beloved [H/N] was so close that you could feel its breath on you. The only light was from the cracks that covered its whole body. It empty stare was haunting yet somehow comforting. At this point, you didn't know what to do. You still couldn't move and the only thing that was there with you was the creature standing in front of you. Not really thinking about what could happen you raised your hand and laid it on the horse's snout. The moment you touched her/him, an enormous pain erupted in your whole body and you fell unconscious to the floor.