Chapter 2

It had been a few days since your encounter with Ydris. You were currently riding towards the Valedale when you spotted a weird looking stone. As you and [H/N] got closer, you noticed that there were some runes carved in it. You got off the horse and slowly made your way towards it. You came to a stop mere five feet away because something or rather someone was holding your shirt in its teeth. What the hell. You turned around and [H/N] released your shirt and gave you an innocent look. "It's just a stone [H/N]." You rolled your eyes and stepped closer to the stone. When you were close enough, you traced the runes with your hand, and as soon as your hand touched the cold surface, the runes started to glow. 

Very very interesting. You jumped at the sound of someone else's voice and abruptly turned around to be met with a blonde girl on a horse. [H/N] just snickered at your reaction and you shot him a glare. "Did you just see that, Tin-Can? The stone lit up like a midsummer bonfire!" Her horse just nickered. "What's that we're not alone?" She finally noticed you. Took you long enough. "Oh! Didn't see you there. I'm Alex Cloudmill. And this is Tin-Can." Tin-Can nodded his head and [H/N] scooped closer to you in a defensive manner. You smiled at his/her behaviour. "I'm [Y/N], and this is my horse [H/N]" You said in a neutral tone and [H/N] just neighed in response. "Oh. I bet you must be probably wondering why the stone is glowing." She sighed. "I wish I had an easy explanation for why the runestones reacted like that, but the truth is, I've never seen anything like that." She was oddly familiar and it took you a while before you realized why. She was talking to Maya the day I arrived in Moorland. Just as she was about to say something else another girl on a horse appeared. This one had a bit darker skin, black hair and rounded glasses. "Alex! Tin-Can! You felt it too? You don't think Dark Core is- Oh." Am I invisible or what? "Hey, Linda. We have a new friend. This is [Y/N]." Alex said to Linda, who was giving you a very suspicious glance. "Curious... It's almost as if the runestone is responding to [Y/N]'s presence. Could she be one of the candidates Fripp was talking about?" The last part Linda muttered for herself, probably not wanting you to hear it but you heard it anyway.  "Candidates?" You asked slightly confused. "Young riders with the potential to help protect Jorvik. Fripp can explain it better. If it is your destiny, that is." She answered. "Well, it's probably time I return to the library. I'll see you soon, Alex. Nice meeting you, [Y/N]!" Linda said and rode off. "It seems like destiny wanted us to meet. Mission accomplished, destiny!" [H/N] snorted and you couldn't help but laugh a bit. "Destiny, right..." You said with a chuckle. Just my luck to meet two of the soul riders at once. At least now I know how they look like. "Listen, you'll be a lot safer if you just turn around back to Moorland Stables and practice riding with the other girls. But if you are one of the riders Fripp's been talking about... I'm sure we'll meet again soon." You were getting a bit annoyed with Alex's attitude towards you. "To be honest I felt safe here until you showed up, so why don't we just go our own way and forget about each other existence?" You said coldly and got on [H/N], who was getting more impatient every second. She seemed stunned by your words and just looked at you wide-eyed. "Uh... Alright. Well, it was nice meeting you, [Y/N]. Love your horse, help your neighbours, have fun! And if you should make it to Silverglade, I hope you'll come to find me!" After she left you noticed it was already pretty late and decided to get back to Moorland and visit Valedale tomorrow.

[H/N] was happy to be back in the stables mostly because of the food. After you took care of [H/N] you walked out of the stables when Maya jumped in front of you. "You surely know how to scare people, Maya." You said laughing while holding a hand on your chest to calm your heartbeat.  She gave you a 'sorry' look. "I'm sorry. I just wanted to ask why are you not ready yet? Yesterday you told me you'd go to the show with me." Your smile fell. Oh sh*t, I totally forgot. "Oh, I'm so sorry, Maya. I totally forgot about it. I'll just change my clothes and we can go. Don't you dare go without me!" She just laughed at you and motioned for you to hurry.