Marichat sin(Great story but its not mine)

Start from the beginning

"We did it!" he hollers, leaving Marinette by herself for a moment to pick up the mirror left on the ground. He scurries back and sticks the handle within her fingers, taking her wrist and motioning for her to throw it skywards. He steps back as she readies her stance, cocking a hip and tossing it into the air.

"Miraculous Ladybug!"

A flurry of magical ladybugs bursts from the sky, splaying like fireworks and raining down on the people around them, scooping up the victims of the akuma attack and rendering them normal again. Marinette is wrapped up for a moment and blinks repeatedly against the blinding light when she emerges, her sight and hearing finally restored.

"We did it!" Chat shouts, nearly galloping back towards her, scooping her up into her arms and spinning her like a top, "We did it! We did it!"

She grabs onto the first thing she can reach, unbalanced and disoriented after being in the dark for so long; she can't help but share in Chat's effervescence, his enthusiasm so contagious that she begins to smile, holding onto his shoulders for dear life. He jumps up and down a few more times before setting her down, grabbing her hand and turning tail, running away from the hoards of spectators coming their way.

"Ahhhh!" he babbles as they make a break for it, unable to plug his energy from bubbling out from inside him, "I used your yoyo! We did it!"

All she can do is nod in bewilderment as he takes her hand and uses his baton to launch them into the air, leaning wildly so as to land on the edge of the highest fire escape. He lets her down first and leaps from the top of the baton, grabbing her hand again and leading her up the stairs towards the roof.

"It was so cool!" he gushes, taking each step three at a time, "Your yoyo is awesome!"

They make it to the top of the building and he skips towards the nearest chimney stack, rebounding against it with a backflip, "It was AWESOME! Best akuma fight EVER!"

Marinette shakes her head, loosening the cobwebs in her mind, "Easy for you to say."

He turns back towards her and grabs her hands, dancing them around in a circle, "It's like I got to be Ladybug for a day!" he raves, doing his best impression of a heart-eyed emoji, "Ahhhh!"

She lets go of his fingers and pauses for a moment to get her bearings, "Look Chat, I've got to get home."

"Merde," he pauses in his celebration, "So do I. I'll talk to you later?"

"Sure," she replies non-committedly, turning around and leaping off the building before he can say another word.

~

Marinette collapses face first into her bed and doesn't move for a long time.

Her mum comes up to check on her twice, reassuring her that they'd put her dinner in the fridge in case she wanted to eat it later and Marinette appreciates the thoughtfulness, all things considered. Judging by the lack of harassment from Sabine after being over an hour late from her walk home from school, she already suspects she hasn't been fooling anyone.

Least of all Chat.

She tries all the usual strategies: listening to calming music, tending to the boxes of spring flowers on her balcony, taking a stab at the chemise she'd been meaning to mend. Each time she ends up face first on her bed, the consequences of her inadvertent reveal hounding her thoughts like the plague.

She ends up drawing a long, hot bath and slipping into the water immediately eases some of that pent-up tension inside of her, the bubbles tucking in behind her knees and her ears like a security blanket, covering her almost completely. She sinks down until the water comes up passed her lips and sits there for a few minutes, far longer than she'd ever intended, watching the bubbles shine like spilled petrol on asphalt and pop in the ambient light. Like all things though, the tension in her spine creeps back up into her muscles and fogs her mind like a mirror, leaving her just as restless as she was before.