Trivia

-I got the idea to write this while reminiscing on the COPPA situation in November 2019 and thought some good satire would be perfect material for the show. It was also written to commemorate the One Year Anniversary of the infamous "COPPAcolypse", the time when I deleted all my videos out of fear of violating COPPA from November 21, 2019 until January 3 the following year.

-This marks the first installment of the fanfiction series "The Amazing World of Gumball: Expanded Universe".

-A music video of "Chasing the Sun" by The Wanted was made to promote the music video, as well as to commemorate the One Year Anniversary of the infamous "COPPAcolypse".

-OC characters Smith Williamson, Kyle, and Mike Stanwell make their debut appearances.

-Gumball cries (or at least is on the verge of crying) four times throughout the story.

Continuity

-The first chapter briefly references one Tobias' "X-Treme Pranking" videos from the 15th episode of season 4 "The Uploads". But this story is implied to be set during the season 1 or season 2, making it far too early for them to come across the video. However, it is unclear when the video was actually posted on Elmore Stream-It.

Cultural References

-The edit Gumball makes on Tobias' video is a direct mirror of the YouTube Poop genre on YouTube, particularly videos uploaded by Bosh and MRMRPIZZA.

-The news site "Everydayexpress.uk" is a parody of the newspaper Daily Express and their World War III news stories as well as the common view of them supporting right wing politics.

-The post-apocalyptic state of Elmore spoofs Mad Max. In fact, a direct reuse of the Mad Max: Fury Road tribute from the 31st episode of season 6 "The Possession" can be seen.

-The "Draps" recording software is a reference to the Fraps software.

-Gumball and Darwin's response to Kyle's roast is reference to an internet meme a where a group of people scream in reaction to a roast comment.

-Larry's last few lines before leaving Joyful Burger is a spoof of a popular quote from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

-The TV ad for the prequel trilogy of "Stellar Odyssey" reuses the Star Wars tribute from the 37th episode of season 6 "The Line". Stellar Odyssey is also referenced two other times in the story.

-The scene of Kyle angrily searching for the remote is similar to the scene from the 18th episode of season 13 of The Simpsons "I Am Furious (Yellow)".

-The video "Smiley Tree Buddies: Truth of Scare" is a spoof of the online adult-animated cartoon series Happy Tree Friends.

-Smith's lines referring to YouTube being on the 'other side' and 'the end' is a nod to the Gumball fanfiction, It's Over When It's Over, particularly the reveal that the entire world in the series is nothing more than a TV programme and that the real world is on the other side of the void.

-The entire dogfight scene, from the stall and the "hit the brakes, he'll fly right by" quote to the "watch the birdie" quote, pays homage to Top Gun. In fact, the mentioned mockbuster movie "Sky Rifle" is a spoof of Top Gun.

-Gumball's line telling Darwin to stop is a reference to the Star Wars parody movie, Spaceballs.

-Gumball luring Tina with a red flashlight mirrors the T-Rex attack scene from Jurassic Park.

-Gumball's attempted slow-motion effect is similar to Tom Popper's slow motion entrance from Mr. Popper's Penguins.

-Stream-It Platinum spoofs YouTube's streaming-service YouTube Premium. Their mentioned "music service" is also a reference to their music streaming service YouTube Music.

-Though nonexistent, Elmore Stream-It's "Golden Clickpoint" is a reference to YouTube's Golden Play-Button, a prize given to YouTubers who surpass 1 million subscribers.

Differences from the final draft

-Before Smith and Kyle find Donut Cop, they fun into a savage Nigel Brown. When he attempts to take Kyle apart, Donut Cop attempts to pin him down only to be bitten on the head. After that, Brown escapes and the scene resumes.

-The scene where Smith and Kyle meets the Wattersons and the former restores Gumball's hope and optimism takes place in the dining room while the Wattersons are having their trash dinner. Therefore, Richard is already home with the 'shopping'.

-The mentioned scene of Kyle taking the children to Joyful Burger actually happens in this version.

-When Anais reveals how she figured out crucial information about the ordeal, Gumball childishly repeats her rhetorical question, to which she facepalms while saying yes.

-After Gumball and Darwin crash-land in the street, they land in a snack store where they drink some fizzy drinks. After using the sugar rush induced from the drinks, they speed down the street only to pass the courthouse and crash into another block, where Darwin's death fake-out proceeds.

-The scene where HacknerJ35.0 threatens revenge on the kids is very different; Elmore Stream-It gives out the threat unknowingly in a public post, everyone on Elmore Plus reacts to it, Elmore Stream-It makes an excuse that it their threat was an old meme, and everyone instantly believes them. In addition, the story ends with Darwin asking about the Golden Clickpoint.