Chapter 1 - The Update

"And now for some finishing touches" said a particular 12-year old blue cat to his adoptive goldfish brother.

It was a normal evening in Elmore, California. And activity in the Wattersons' house was as per usual. Nicole had just returned from work and was getting dinner ready, Richard was laying on the couch watching TV, Anais was hosting a tea party with her Daisy the Donkey doll, and Gumball and Darwin were trying to hold in their laughter as the former proceeded to Shotofop a video from Elmore Stream-It.

"Imagine the face on Tobias when he sees this" said Darwin, struggling to let his words out while trying not to giggle at the edit Gumball was making.

"And....done" Gumball announced to his brother as he finished editing one of Tobias' "X-Treme Pranking" videos; the result showing Harold Wilson not only slipping on the skateboard, but also flying through the door at high speed, through many global landmarks like the Eiffel Tower and Sydney Opera House, into outer space, with the audio being repeatedly edited and mangled with as he flies faster and faster through space, into the light-speed effect from Stellar Odyssey, back into his house, crashing into Tobias and causing an explosion on the spot.

Darwin of course couldn't hold in his reaction to the edit any longer and the laughter bursted right out of him.

"Dude, it's so awesome how we can just edit these videos without any restrictive bots interfering" said Darwin, now taking deep breaths following his laughter attack.

Gumball, also calming down from a crazed howl of laughter, responded with "And the owners of the copyrighted videos aren't really noticing anything".

This caused them to laugh some more, pointing out the fact that Elmore Stream-It either takes copyright too seriously or just doesn't bother taking down videos that use copyrighted content.

"Okay" said Gumball, shedding a tear induced by the pressure of the humorous reaction to his own statement. "Time to bring ourselves into recognition among the Elmore Stream-It meme community" he continued in an epic sounding voice.

"We're only one of millions of Stream-It users" replied Darwin, confused at what his brother said.

"Then we'll be recognized in the next few years when our video becomes old and widely viewed on the internet" said Gumball, grabbing Darwin while slowly motioning his paw to his left in a dramatic way meant to symbolize the entire world.

Darwin still wasn't sure their content would be that popular, but went along with Gumball's words.

"Besides, I don't know how to exactly say this, but do you ever get the feeling that we're already widely popular? Like as if we're television stars?" Said Gumball, releasing Darwin.

"Yeah, I kinda do actually" Darwin agreed. Both of them had no idea how popular they really were. And not just on Elmore Plus, on the internet, in Elmore, or in the entire world.

"But that doesn't matter" said Gumball, grabbing the mouse. "Let's grab some views!" they said in unison, pulling off sparkly-eyed excited faces as they began the usual process of uploading on the website.

Gumball selected the file...

...clicked upload...

...and...

...a window popped up, reading "Is this video for kids or not for kids?" with the options "Yes, it's for kids" and "No, it's not for kids".

"What the what?" gasped Gumball, clearly never encountering this in the process of uploading on Stream-It. "Stupid pop-ups".

Gumball closed the window and clicked upload again...

...the same window popped up asking the same question with the same options.