Chapter 14: Hanguang-Jun 《OG Timeline》

Start from the beginning

He knew that Wei Ying would come back. He would wait for him. And if Wei Ying couldn't find his way back, he would search for him. He would do anything even to exchange his entire life just so Wei Ying would once again look at him, a liberty that he took for granted before and a desire that he would die to have now.

In the past years, Lan Wangji had been travelling around the world to look for any news about Wei Ying. Whether the prey was small or big, as long as there's a hunting, as long as there's a possibility of having Wei Ying back, he would go. It had earned him a title of being wherever the chaos is. It was an act that many deemed as selflessness but was truthfully his own selfishness.

Time slips by quickly in front of Lan Wangji without a pause. Without him realizing, it had already been thirteen years. Spirit or alive, he still didn't know where Wei Ying was. Every clue led him into a dead end. They weren't clues in the first place. Lan Wangji knew, however, he could not leave any stone unturned. He would never stop looking for Wei Ying.

Lan Zhan, are you listening? Look at me. Lan Gongzi? Lan Er-gege, why don't you do me a favor and look at me?

Lan Wangji's eyes casted a shadow as inquiry was nearing to its end. He wanted to look at Wei Ying, wanted to see his eyes, his smile, but where was he?

Wei Ying, where are you?

The melody halted, once again yearning, hoping, and waiting. But there's still no answer to his inquiry. No news about the person he was waiting for. He should be numb by now, but every time he would be met with such disappoint, it was still as painful. He was still hurting and perhaps, it's even more excruciating the longer he waited.

"Wangji," a familiar voice called out.

Lan Wangji calmly dispersed the spirits surrounding him with a wave of a hand. He placed back his guqin to his spiritual space and stood up, clasping his hand to greet the figure outside the cave, "Xiongzhang."

Lan Xichen smiled, his smile not as bright as before, his face pale, and his eyes contained the suffering from the still fresh wounds within his heart.

They had not seen each other for months. Both of them had entered a seclusion and both looked terrible compared to their usual self. Lan Wangji remained silent, and his brother understandingly did not make a comment.

Lan Xichen walked beside his brother, deciding to directly speak his purpose as his eyes wandered around the cave, "Wangji, you have been here for three months now and it made us worried about your wellbeing." He faced Lan Wangji as he continued, "Uncle wanted you to comeback. Will you return with me?"

Lan Wangji lowered his head, not saying anything. It was enough for Lan Xichen to know his little brother's answer. He gave Lan Wangji a tired smile. "Wangji, Young Master Wei had been dead for years..."

Hearing others talking about Wei Ying's demise, even if it was his brother, could make a usually calm Lan Wangji to be unusually impolite. Lan Wangji raised his head, meeting his brother's gaze, and saying resolutely, "He will comeback. I will wait for him."

"Wangji... the Burial Mounds is not a safe place to live. Even Young Master Wei would not want you to do this," Lan Xichen tried to reason out.

Lan Xichen understood his little brother's stubbornness very well. But Lan Wangji had been silent about Wei Wuxian's matter for years and Lan Xichen was afraid that Lan Wangji's sudden change would put him in a dangerous situation. Him staying in Burial Mounds was a clear manifestation of this.

Lan Wangji, "Wei Ying had lived here."

"The Burial Mounds is not as stable as before," Lan Xichen stated helplessly.