Chapter 28: Who said Hanguang-Jun is as cold as an iceberg?

⸞۞⸟

Chapter Twenty Eight

Wei Wuxian had created enough of fooling around in the days of their studies in Cloud Recesses. But if he would be asked what was the most unforgettable among those ruckus and wildness that he had brought upon the silent sanctuary of Yun Shen, that night would be one of it. Albeit, it was a bitter sweet experience for him.

He remembered that it was when Lan Qiren went to Qinghe Nie to attend a Discussion Conference and there were no classes in a few days. Wei Wuxian, living up to his reputation, led his group of idiotic classmates to eat, drink, wrestle, gamble and view picture books, enjoying every day and night that the old teacher was away. However, in one of the nights of their playing around, Lan Wangji perhaps couldn’t take it anymore and unceremoniously barged into their room to reprimand them or Wei Wuxian in particular.

Having been caught in the act of breaking countless rules by the one who was in-charge of the punishments himself, the rest of the kids scrambled out of the room like headless flies, leaving Wei Wuxian alone with Lan Wangji’s wrath.

But who was Wei Wuxian? He wouldn’t be known for his wildness if he would let Lan Wangji tame him just like that. And so, with the courage gifted by the effect of the famed Emperor’s Smile, Wei Wuxian tricked Lan Wangji to drink a cup of alcohol which in result knocked Lan Wangji unconscious. Who would have thought that this stoic man would be defeated by a single cup of alcohol? Wei Wuxian was ecstatic with this discovery! He even kept this information about Lan Wangji even after his rebirth.

You don’t have to fool yourself, brat. Just admit that seeing your beloved’s unclothed body is what you couldn’t forget.

That wasn’t the case at all! Though the fair-colored skin and smooth, aesthetic muscles in his memory was really really attractive, it was still really really not the case at all!

Anyway, Elder Heiying was talking about the events that had happened after that memorable night.

Alcohol is forbidden in Cloud Recesses; it is a major crime among the rules of the Lans. So when the morning came, Lan Wangji woke up in Wei Wuxian’s bed, and after finding out that he was tricked by Wei Wuxian to drink alcohol, he decisively brought Wei Wuxian to the Lan Clan’s ancestral hall to receive their appropriate punishment.

That moment showed him how strong was Lan Wangji’s self-discipline and principle. It was why this series of events were particularly memorable to Wei Wuxian and not because after being punished, Zewu-jun let him use the Gusu Lan Sect’s Cold Spring where he saw how glorious was Lan Wangji’s body, as what Elder Heiying accused him of.

Wei Wuxian unconsciously poked the stomach of the handsome man before him. It was still hard and well-built as ever. Honestly, it was memorable indeed.

Wei Wuxian frowned and reprimanded himself. Getting distracted and being side-tracked was his incurable illness. In the kind of situation that he was currently in, the resurfacing of this illness was the least he needed. He eyed Lan Wangji, heart filled with confusion, unease, and partly, excitement. He had no idea why after just a few years, Lan Wangji who was supposed to be one-cup-knocked-out after drinking a strong liquor would be standing here, obviously drunk.

After most people drank so much liquor, they should become drunk first, and then sleep. Rare were those who would be knocked out unconscious after drinking just a cup of wine and anomaly was Lan Wangji who would sleep first before becoming drunk.

Wei Wuxian’s hand was about to withdraw when Lan Wangji reached out. He solemnly wrapped his hands around Wei Wuxian’s mischievous finger who poked his stomach a while ago.