Neji x Reader

Third Person's  P.O.V.

"What are you thinking about?" the Hyuga boy asked the (h/c) haired girl as she looked at him with a big smile on her face and eyes filled with love and adoration for her partner.

They were both at a meadow that they accidentally found while running around the mountains of Konoha. There were beautiful flowers growing around, trees everywhere, a river just a few meters away it was the perfect spot to lay down and rest while enjoying the sound of nature.

Neji was currently lying on her lap, she ran fingers across his locks. "You're so beautiful." She whispered and Neji's cheeks flushed into a bright shade of pink making her chuckle. 

She loves seeing Neji getting flustered mainly because she rarely saw this side of him. Whenever they were with other people Neji was never like this to anybody, he always has a serious look on his face and he rarely smiled. It made her tiny little heart happy to see that Neji was only soft to her, it made her feel special. 

Neji quickly changed his reaction and raised an eyebrow at her, she copied his actions. "What? I can't compliment my boyfriend?" she asked with a teasing smile on her lips.

"Stop that." he said making (Y/N) smile a little bit more.

"It's true Neji. You are absolutely beautiful." she breathed out and once again the grin on her face widened she had to bite her lip to refrain herself from laughing at his now bright red face. Neji sat up and cupped her cheek with his right hand. "If I'm beautiful then you're gorgeous." he said and placed a light kiss on the tip of her nose.

Neji let go of her cheek and plucked a white flower on the field of the colourful flowers then tucked it on (Y/N)'s ear softly brushing her hair off her face. He stared into her (e/c) orbs and a small smile formed on his lips. "I love you." he said quietly admiring her beautiful face. It was now his time to make her blush.

(Y/N) decided to tease him a little bit more "You love me? Really?" she gave him a suspicious look. Neji raised his eyebrow once again "(Y/N) (L/N) are you doubting my love for you after all this time?" he asked.

"Maybe." 

Neji took a deep breath and grabbed her hand and placed it on his chest so she could feel his heart beat "Do you feel that?" he asked and she nodded. "Until that stops beating, I love you." Neji whispered making (Y/N)'s heart jump. 

(Y/N) could feel her heart pounding out her chest and she was sure he could hear it. Neji placed his palm on her chest to feel her heartbeat making him chuckle "I just said I love you once and I'm already making your heart beat like crazy. I wonder what happens if I kiss you?" Neji teased.

(Y/N) punched his arm playfully "Stop that, you're going to kill me before I can even fight at the war." she joked then looked to her side to avoid his gaze "Plus, it's not everyday you tell me 'I love you' I'm still not used to it. I don't think I'll ever be." (Y/N) said her cheeks flushed.

Neji rarely told her those three words because he believes that actions speaks louder than words. Instead of saying 'I love you' he preferred showing it and that doesn't bother (Y/N) because Neji never failed to show her he loves her, not once he made her feel unloved.

"Hmmm. Really?" Neji asked there was a teasing smile on his face and (Y/N) nodded.
"Well then (Y/N) (L/N)... I love you. I love you. I love you so much." he uttered those three words nonstop and (Y/N) cheeks turned pink, she giggled and threw herself at Neji making him fall back on the grass and her on top of him.

"I love you more Neji." she replied and pressed her lips against his, she felt him smile against her lips before firmly pulling her body against his, he softly kissed her, her warm soft lips slowly opened allowing his tongue to enter. Neji slid his hand up to her cheek to gently caress it as if she was a delicate petal. 

(Y/N) felt the butterflies in her stomach, her whole body was craving for him and he wanted her more than anything in this world. His breathing became heavier, she could feel his body responding to her. The calming kiss became more passionate, they were now both greedy for  each other. He broke the kiss, they were both gasping for air, a strip of pink blush across her face, she pressed her forehead against his. 

"Tell me you love me again." she breathed out. 
"I love you." he whispered quietly before pressing his lips to hers once again. 

***

(Y/N)'s whole body was trembling as she ran towards Neji "Please let me make it! PLEASE! LET ME MAKE IT!" she yelled as she ran towards his direction at full speed. Neji was shielding Naruto with his body to stop the attack from hitting him. She was three steps away from him, she was so close to trying stop the attack but it was too late. 

In a blink of an eye, Neji was falling fast towards the ground.

"No, no, no!!" she yelled as his body fell into her arms with tears streaming down her face. Hinata, Naruto, Tenten, Lee and the rest of them stared in shock as (Y/N) caught his frail body in her arms. Hinata's mouth hang open and she fell on her knees, Naruto was yelling for a medic ninja in full panic. 

"Neji... Neji! Listen to me Neji, were going to get help. Don't close your eyes okay?" (Y/N) said holding Neji in his arms, choking in her own tears as she her hands stained with his blood. Neji looked up at (Y/N), too weak to say anything his eyes was slowly closing "Look at me Neji! Hold on okay? I'm here, just listen to my voice! Don't you dare close those eyes." she cried keeping him up in sitting position.

"I-I think this is it for me (Y/N). I'm sorry." He said cupping her cheek and wiping the tears that trickled down her cheek with his thumb. "No it's not! Don't say that! I- I need you, don't do this to me please." she cried pulling him closer to her body and hugging him tighter. 

He squeezed her hand and looked up at her, he knew his body better than anybody else and he knew he didn't have much time left. There were a million things in his mind that he wanted to tell her but given the time he has left he won't be able to tell her everything he needed to say.

He wasn't ready to die yet, not like this, not when he was watching the woman he loves- the strongest woman he knew breaking down in front of him. The moment (Y/N) became his, he promised himself that he would never ever make her cry and it broke his heart seeing her cry because of him.

 "(Y-Y/N). . . Do you remember when I told you that until my heart stops beating, I love you?" he whispered. "Of course I do Neji." (Y/N) cried.  Neji grabbed her hand and placed it on his heart, (Y/N) could feel his heartbeat getting weaker every second. Out of all the noises in the battlefield (Y/N) just focused on one sound only, his heartbeat. It was there but it was gradually getting weaker.

"Well, I lied . . . " 
"Even if my heart is no longer beating, I love you. I always will. " 

(Y/N) cried harder and pressed her forehead against his. "I love you too Neji, forever. " she felt his heartbeat slowly dying down. 

"(Y/N) can you do me one last favour." 
"Anything." 

"Will you please smile for me?" he asked, if there was one thing he wanted to see before he dies it was to see her smile- the one that dared him to fall in love with her. The smile that was more beautiful than the sunrise and the sunset. That god damn smile of hers that reminded him why he loved her. 

(Y/N) took a deep breath and wiped the tears off her face. (Y/N) smiled at Neji one last time, he can't help but look at her in awe. "Beautiful." Neji breathed out, his eyelids felt heavy, (Y/N) was telling him something but all he could hear was a low buzz, it was as if the whole world has stopped and suddenly the everything turned black. 

____________________

This was requested. 

Sorry if this is sad and short and if it's kinda shitty. 

I'm having a writer's block ):   
So I apologise if I haven't been updating this book as often as I used to.