Obsession Chapter 2

Start from the beginning

When I'd pulled myself together again, I ran to Biology. Class had started five minutes ago (only five?) and Mr. Mars was going to be pissed, but I didn't care. He could scream all he wanted, but I had spent almost five whole minutes alone with Lily Hammond.

Lily's POV 

I thanked the guy that had showed me to the classroom, but he just walked on, like he didn't hear me. How rude! I took a couple of seconds to glare at his back, but then decided to go into the classroom and in turn ignore him the next time we met. 

The seniors' math teacher, Ms. Carmichael, greeted me with a smile and told the class my name, and then let me take my seat. Math went by pretty smoothly. I'm not brilliant at it, but I don't suck either, and I get pretty good results on tests, which makes it more fun. And Ms. Carmichael, or Mary, as she repeatedly told me to call her (as everyone else already did), was great. Every time she went through something on the whiteboard , she wore a big smile and made a joke or two, and she really seemed to care about the students and take the time to get to know them. 

Next class was English. That's OK, I guess. That guy with the green eyes (I really need to find out his name!) was in that class, and to my horror, I was seated right next to him. I could feel him staring at me throughout the whole period, but I ignored him like a wall the whole time, which made me feel a little better about myself. 

The girl who sat to my left, named Emma, talked to me a lot, though, which made it easier to ignore him, and I gratefully accepted her friendship. Emma had light brown hair, but she told me it was dyed, and that her natural color was white blonde. She was very short, and had a small face with small, watery eyes. She talked WAY too much, but she was nice at least, and I enjoyed the company, so when she asked me to join her and her friends for lunch, I was quick to accept. 

They were a nice bunch of people, Emma's friends. There was Joel, Emma's twin brother. He had the white blond hair that Emma'd said she'd dyed, Emma's watery blue eyes, and the same main features as his sister. He was about my height, which is really short for a guy, but a few inches taller than Emma. He seemed nice, although he didn't say much. At all. 

Rose had dark brown hair and A LOT of eyeliner. It looked good on her, though. She wore tight black jeans, a print T-shirt and Converse, which Emma said was her signature style. 

There was Hanna, a cheerleader, blonde and just as bubbly as Emma, green eyes and a big mouth; and then there was Jesse. 

He was cute. You know, small frame and curly black hair. His clothes looked too big, but as if they were meant to. And he looked younger than he really was, like fifteen, really seventeen going on eighteen. He was like an oversized teddy bear. A little shy, maybe, but trying hard not to show it to anyone. 

We spent the whole hour in the cafeteria, and then had to run to our lockers to not be late for next class.

---------------------

I had French in room 213 and Emma had Spanish. I've got all A's in French: my grand-mother spent half her life in France and she talked only french to me when she visited New York, so I knew it pretty well. 

After French I had Chemistry with Emma and Rose. Well I guess you could say that Chemistry was NOT one of my favorite subjects. At all. I mean it, at my old school our teacher was just standing in front of the class snoring. Well, not snoring, maybe, but you get what I mean. He didn't seem overly thrilled to see us as we walked into the room. And then there was the subject itself. It's not that I had bad grades or anything, they were just fine, a bunch of B's - but it was still extremely uninteresting. 

The teacher at my new school was the exact opposite of my old Chemistry teacher. Mr Kane was an old, bubbly man, and he seemed to really like his students, and anyone could see that he liked his subject.