Twenty One

Taehyung took up a part time job at a bakery while Jimin helped his father in his work shop.

To Jimin's surprise, his parents actually kept to their word. His mother was really working for a wealthy family and his father had established a client base with his business. Things were finally looking up. All his years slaving away for the family were finally over. For a while, it seemed like a dream but the reality gradually started to sink in.

It had been more than a week since they returned home. Jimin hadn't seen Taehyung. Though, they both kept in touch with each other through text but within that time, there wasn't a day that went by when Taehyung wasn't reminded by his parents to stay away from Jimin. Seeing him in itself was very difficult. They lived in a small town. The kind of town where everyone knew everyone. If they met publicly, the news was bound to spread around so they were very careful.

One particular morning, Jimin and his father were leaving for the workshop. On their way, they spotted Taehyung coming the opposite direction.

Jimin instantly froze and began to adjust his hair unaware of the amusing smile litting up his father's face.

Taehyung saw them and bowed respectfully to Mr Park.

The old man nodded, smiling warmly "How are you doing dear? Are your studies fine?"

"It's going well"

"Why don't you come over and see us sometime?"

The uncomfortable expression on Taehyung's face was enough answer so the man didn't push it. Sensing the awkwardness building up, he arched his brows. "Are you off to work?"

Mr Park said "Yes we are."

Taehyung smiled shyly at Jimin. "Hi!"

The latter's face reddened. "Hi!"

"See you then. I'll be late for work"

Taehyung waved and walked away. Mr Park smiled to himself as he noticed the love struck expression on Jimin's face while he watched Taehyung walk away.

"You like him" He said.

Jimin's legs became jelly. Nothing could describe his shock at that moment. "what...like Taehyung...why would I? How can i? We are friends..."

He kept blabbering making Mr Park smile harder.

"It's obvious son. I know because it didn't just start all of a sudden. It had always been there since a long time. I always noticed it with the way you look at him like he's the most precious thing in the world"

Jimin fell silent and looked down at his feet. Hearing his father's words made him cringe so hard within him but he struggled to mantain a calm appearance. Mr Park pressed his hand on his shoulder.

"He's a good boy and I like how you've changed. I'm sure he's the reason for it"

Jimin blushed.

"I won't judge you. Just because I brought you into this world doesn't mean I have the right to make decisions for you. You are your own person"

"If you really like Taehyung and you want him to be a part of your life, I won't stand in your way and I'm sure your mother will agree with me. We have always been very open minded about your sexuality but...."

Jimin's heart trembled as Mr Park continued "There's still Taehyung's parents. Now, they look at our family as a bunch of nobodies. They'll never allow you to date Taehyung. They have built a wall around their son but even if you break it down, what's the guarantee that Taehyung will step out of that broken wall and take your hand"