first kiss

Peter's hands covered his face and he leaned over his bed, trying his best not to freak out and hyperventilate. "Are you ready to tell us what the bloody hell that was about?" James asked, referring to the incident with Snivellous.

"Yeah," Sirius agreed. "Like can you tell us why Snivellous was acting like Caroline killed his grandma?"

"That's because, in his mind, she probably did," Peter sighed. "If Mum asks me, I'm gonna break and Caroline is going to get in trouble again and I really don't want to see her hurt again."

"Can you explain it to us?" Remus questioned. "I mean, it's a simple memory spell. What did she do to his memory?"

"Ever since we were young, Caroline's been able to tamper with people's minds. She can do this thing where she inserts herself into someone's memory. So let's say all of us went to Spain together," Peter set up an example and paused, looking at the boys to see if they were following. 

Remus gave a small nod and Peter licked his bottom lip. "Caroline can use the spell and go through our minds. And then she can insert herself into the memory or alter the memory in any way so it's like she was with us in Spain all along. In Snivellous' case, she probably inserted herself in a death of a family member or a pet. Caroline used to do it a lot and when she was seven, Mum finally put an end to it."

"How?" Sirius asked and Peter gave him a knowing look.

"How every mother makes their child stop doing something. Mum beat the living hell out of Caroline for weeks. I know what Caroline was doing was wrong but she was just seven, she didn't know any better. So from that day on, I swore that I would make sure no one ever laid a finger on her until she gave consent," Peter huffed.

"That's why you don't let us have any physical contact with her and why we have to force other guys to back off," Remus realized. That is why Caroline Pettigrew is untouchable.

---------------

"Promise you'll write?" Jeremy asked his girlfriend, holding her hands in his.

"I promise, Jer," Caroline said teasingly. "And you'll write back?"

"Yes," Jeremy responded, bringing her hands towards his face and kissing each of her knuckles. "I promise."

Jeremy let go of Caroline's dainty hands and she wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him into a hug. "I'll miss you," Caroline whispered into his ear. 

He pulled away and looked down at her small figure, his neck craning down a bit. Jeremy leaned closer to her slightly, testing his boundaries. Caroline didn't move closer but didn't make any attempt to move away. So Jeremy moved closer to her until their noses touched slightly, causing Caroline to giggle a bit.

Jeremy's face reddened slightly and he could smell Caroline's chocolatey breath. Caroline closed her eyes, her long eyelashes fluttering, and leaned closer to Jeremy until their lips touched.

Caroline never had her first kiss before but when she kissed Jeremy, she didn't know how to describe it. Her head got a bit dizzy but that was because of the lack of air from the long kiss. It was wet. She didn't necessarily like the feeling of Jeremy's lips on hers but she didn't mind it. When he pulled away, her lips felt more bare than they normally were.

Jeremy let out a low chuckle, bringing Caroline back to reality, and the pretty girl smiled up at him. She went on her tippy toes and kissed him again but just a soft peck this time. "I'll see you next year, Jer."

She unclicked the lock on the door and left the compartment in search of Lily's. Caroline found a compartment with one person in it, her favorite redhead. Caroline slipped into the compartment, shut the door behind her, lowered the blinds so no one from the aisles could see them, and turned to face Lily.

Lily raised her eyebrows questionably and Caroline exhaled a breath she'd been holding since she left the compartment with Jeremy. "Are you okay, Care?"

"I just kissed Jeremy Wood."

Lily's green eyes widened and she stood from her seat, dropping her open book on the carpeted floor. Lily grabbed Caroline's hands and started jumping and squealing. Lily's attitude was so infectious that Caroline started jumping with her although she didn't know why they were so excited.

Eventually, they got tired of jumping and sat across from each other. Lily picked up her book from the floor and bookmarked her page quickly. "So, tell me everything," Lily gushed. "Was it soft? Was it wet? Did his breath smell? How did it happen? Tongue or no tongue? I heard it was something that the French do. Did you guys end up snogging? How many times did you kiss?"

Lily finally stopped asking because she needed to breathe and Caroline tried to answer the questions as best as she could. "Yes, it was soft and yes, it was wet. His breath smelled like mint. We were saying goodbyes and he leaned in but didn't do anything and then our noses touched so I thought 'let me just go for it.' No tongue, I guess it's just a French thing meant for French people only. No we didn't snog and we kissed 2 times," Caroline answered quickly.

"You kissed Jeremy Wood!" Lily happily squealed. "AHH! Your first kiss and your second kiss and both of them are with the Jeremy Wood!"

"I know!" Caroline exclaimed.

"Okay, enough about Jeremy. You're going to visit me this summer right?"

"Of course, Lils," Caroline responded sweetly, making Lily smile even more. Caroline had this thing about her that made everyone want to smile and be happy even when there was nothing to be happy about.

"I can't believe the year is over," Lily dramatically sighed and Caroline giggled at her exaggeration. "Care, we're going to come back and we're going to be sixth years! Do you think I'll be Prefect?"

"Lils, you were Prefect this year and you did well so I assume you'll be a Prefect next year," Caroline smiled. 

"What if I'm not though?"

"Who else could it possibly be, Lils? The only other canidate would be me and that's a complete joke," Caroline insited, calming Lily's nerves slightly.

"I bet you'd be a great Prefect," Lily complimented.

"I'll be a Prefect when you get Head Girl," Caroline retorted. "Besides, I would feel awful if I knew I took your spot as Prefect next year. I don't think I have anything to worry about though, you're a shoo-in."

Lily gratefully smiled at the blonde seated across from her but Caroline felt herself getting sadder on the inside. Caroline always wanted to be a Prefect but she wouldn't dare take something like that from Lily, not when it's so important to her.