gossip

"Yes!" Fred Weasley hurrahed as quietly as possible as he entered Snape's classroom. George Weasley, his redheaded twin, followed shortly after and high-fived his brother. 

It was normal for the Weasley twins to receive detention but sometimes, when Snape was busy, Caroline covered his detentions. Caroline's detentions were much more easier than Snape's, making Fred and George very pleased. 

"Hey, Caroline," George greeted politely, taking a seat in the front. Fred took the seat right next to George and waved at Caroline as the two dropped their bags onto the floor.

"Hello, George," Caroline replied in the same tone. She looked over at Fred and put on a polite smile. "Fred."

Fred hit on her constantly and she was much too kind to tell him to stop but she thought his dreams of dating her were rather unrealistic. "So, Pettigrew, when are you finally gonna give in and go out with me?" Fred asked.

"You're a minor, Weasley," Caroline reminded. "I'm over 30."

"Yet you don't look a day over 17," Fred smirked. (a/n: this is so off-topic but can we talk about how emma watson aged like fine wine? i know she's still 30 but come on, she's perfect)

"Even so, you're 15," the blonde informed.

"I'll be 16 in April," the redhead pipped up. 

"Today, you too will be doing lines. You will right 'I will not set off dung bombs in class' 100 times each," Caroline instructed. "Any questions?"

Fred and George exchanged glances with wiggling eyebrows. They normally had to do at least 400 lines with any other teacher but Caroline was too nice to give them that many lines, especially since they were close to Harry, making their detention very pleasant.

George shook his head 'no' and pulled out some parchment and ink. He began writing his lines and Fred let out a dramatic sigh before following his much more responsible twin. Given, they were both very juvenile but George happened to be a bit more mature.

"Nice, you got cookies!" George exclaimed, nodding towards a basket on Snape's desk. He might've been more mature but he still liked sweets. 

"You can have them if you'd like," Caroline offered. She grabbed the woven basket of assorted cookies and she moved them over to the desk next to George's.

George and Fred looked at each other again with matching lopsided grins on their faces. "Nice."

"Who are they from?" Fred asked, grabbing the basket. He read the small tag with squinted eyes, not being able to read that well since he almost never read. "Professor Lupin gave you cookies? Isn't that the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher?"

"Yeah," Caroline shrugged. "We were friends during our time at Hogwarts."

"Think he's got a lot more than friendship on his mind," George snickered, eyeing a heart-shaped cookie. He unwrapped the plastic around the basket and grabbed a cookie before continuing with his lines.

Fred took a cookie as well and stuffed the entire thing into his mouth at one go, chewing while writing his lines. "I think you should give Professor Lupin another chance," George told Caroline. "He seems like a nice guy. He'd treat you well."

"You think so?" Caroline asked, remembering when she used to date Remus secretly. 

"He looks like he's much older than you though," Fred grumbled, clearly not happy about the fact that Caroline would be with someone else when Fred never had a chance to begin with. "And don't forget, he cheated on you at that party."

Caroline frowned. That party happened so many years ago and Remus was too drunk to even walk straight. "How do you know about that?"

"Ginny told us."