they forgot

October 27th. Caroline's favorite day of the year for 2 reasons. One, because that meant there were only four more days until Halloween, her second favorite holiday. And two, because it was her birthday.

Caroline unintentionally woke up before dawn and tried to go back to sleep but she couldn't keep her excitement in as she threw on her Hogwarts uniform and used a charm to curl her wavy hair. After she was done getting ready, she decided to shake her best friend awake.

Lily's eyebrows knit together and her nose scrunched up, a result from being rudely awoken. "What, Care?" she hissed in the dim room. The only light coming in was the rising sun's rays shooting through the bottom of the curtains.

"Guess what today is," Caroline whispered happily. The Pettigrew girl could barely stay still and she felt so much adrenaline running through her veins, unlike Lily, who was rubbing her eyes groggily.

"Um, Tuesday?" Lily guessed.

"It's Thursday, actually," Caroline corrected. "But is there anything else that's happening today? Something major?" the youngest Pettigrew asked, hinting towards her 16th birthday.

"Omigod," Lily gasped. Her eyes widened and she practically fell out of her bed as Caroline grinned happily. "We have that Arithmancy exam today! Thanks for reminding me, I need to study. Arithmancy is so hard for me."

Caroline pursed her lips together but thought that it was probably Lily just being Lily in the morning. She would remember once she had her coffee and breakfast. "Yeah, that's what I was trying to remind you of," Caroline nodded. "The Arithmancy exam."

---------------

"Hi," Caroline giggled quietly.

"Hi," Remus responded. He grabbed her by the waist and kissed her softly, remembering the comforting feeling. He began sucking on certain parts of Caroline's neck and her hands roamed his hair, occasionally tugging it when he sucked too hard or when he found her sweet spot.

Caroline's back was on the tiled cold wall in the Prefects bathroom and Remus' body was pressed against hers. The blonde's tie was hanging loosely across her shoulders and the top buttons on her white shirt were undone by Remus so he could have more access.

"So, um, are you doing anything today?" Caroline bit her lip in anticipation. She wanted to spend the day with Remus, even if that meant they had to spend the entire day in a dark broom closet or the Prefects bathroom.

Remus removed himself from her for a second and smiled at her. "Yeah, I am actually. Sirius and James finally convinced me to do a prank with them. I think they've finally rubbed off on me," Remus replied. He then returned to softly kissing her neck and behind her ear.

"Okay, that's fine. Have fun. Do you know when you'll be done?"

"It's got to do with the entire school, including teachers, so I think it'll take up the entire day. We're even planning on cutting classes after lunch so we'll have more time to do the prank."

"That's good. I was just hoping that we can see each other again today," Caroline said.

"Why?" Remus asked.

"It's nothing. It's one small thing actually, I wouldn't say it's major. It's just, do you know what today is?" Caroline asked. The blonde had passed many people, including her friends, today and she was hoping that somebody would remember what day it was.

Remus didn't even bother to lift his head from her neck. He only stopped kissing her for a moment and mumbled onto her skin, "it's Thursday."

"Is anything important happening today?"