Chapter 33

—Teddy POV—

After the train ride, We were all ushered towards a large, tall man whose face was covered mostly by dark, curly hair, announcing: "Firs' years! Firs' years over 'ere!" I looked around for the now familiar faces of Luca and Bonnie, and stayed with them as long as I could.

"Firs' years follow me!" We began our trek from the station, away from everyone else. When we  finally separated from the rest of the crowd, I noticed how small our year is. After scanning once or twice, I counted 32 students. If all of the years were this size, then how were there such crowds at the station and down the corridors of the train?

We stumbled down a dark, narrow pathway, which, after a few turns, opened into a clearing. Soon, we were gathered at the edge of a vast lake. With the evening among us, the water looked like thick, black velvet. A mountain resided on the other side- a mountain with a castle.

"That must be Hogwats." I heard Bonnie whisper to me. I took a quick glance to either side of me. Luca, on my left, and Bonnie, on my right, were both looking at our school in awe of the magnificent structure whose carvings and details were surely hidden away by the shadows of the cloudy night.

"No more'n four to a boat." The large man, who I could swear was just a giant mane of hair, pointed to a fleet of eight boats sitting at the edge of the black, velvety lake. I allowed Bonnie and Luca to go ahead of me, hoping that we would end up in the same boat, especially now that in this small group of students, Aminata and her friends were more likely to identify me.

When we were all in our boats, The man started to move them with magic. I watched the water as the boats glided across the perfectly still lake, and I could have sworn I saw something enormous moving, lurking in the depths of the body of water. I looked up, ready to make a remark about the mysterious movement, but was stopped by the look on my new friends faces. No, not friends. They're kind because they don't know who you are. Bonnie and Luca both seemed absolutely starstruck by the concept of magic, and by the beautiful structure ahead of us. Bonnie more-so.  I guess having a magic family and being metamorphagus helps me in that sense. Soon, we were residing still on the edge of the lakes opposite side, and we were led into the large, magnificent castle.

The grand, wooden double doors swung open all at once, and we were met with a tall woman who looked a bit older than Andromeda, wearing emerald robes and a black witches hat like Andromeda's. I recognized her from the card on a chocolate frog I'd eaten a while back. Minerva McGonagall: CURRENT HEADMISTRESS OF HOGWARTS. Strict and Clever transfiguration teacher and head of Gryffindor house. Recipient of the Order of Merlin award for her allegiance to the Order of The Phoenix.

The large hairy man said "Firs' years, Headmistress McGonagall." And she responded with "Thank you, Hagrid." That was when it dawned on me who he was. Uncle Harry had told me stories about him- keeping dragons, rescuing a Hippogriff, An acromantula named Aragog and his funeral-

"Follow me." Headmistress McGonagal said, turning and leading us down a magnificent corridor and up a wide set of marble stairs. I heard muffled bustling voices from a door to our right, and figured the rest of the school's students must already be here. I thought we were going to go in there, but I was wrong, as she led us to a small empty room with benches lining the walls.

"Welcome to Hogwarts," said Headmistress McGonagall. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your Houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your House will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your House, sleep in your House dormitory, and spend free time in your House common room.