Chapter 6

"Asad please come down, we are getting late, Mehendi function has already started there and we have to bring Zoya's mehendi so she can get it on

"Asad please come down, we are getting late, Mehendi function has already started there and we have to bring Zoya's mehendi so she can get it on." I was sprawled across the bed hearing my Mom calling out for me 3rd time. I am completely ready and there is nothing important I am doing here in order to get late. But I just want to spend more and more time comfortably in my room then to attend some stupid function with bunch of strangers. "The stupid function is your own mehendi.." A voice inside me boomed and I groaned. I am getting Married tomorrow. That strange girl that I know nothing about is going to be a part of my family and I have to see her face regularly.

Allah, you know very well I am doing all this for Mom. All this to make her live more. And I am telling you, you have to help me here. You have to fix her any how. I have not seen her happy from don't know how long. This wedding chaos has at least brought a smile on her face. And that's what all I ever wanted. To see my Mom and my siblings happy and together. And that's how we belong, just next to each other together, forever.

I know I cannot avoid them for long, so I just stood up and with slow and lazy steps joined all of them in the hall. Where Mom, my siblings and few of my relatives were gathered all waiting for me excitedly. The functions of my wedding did started a day before and so did the stay of unwanted guest. Ughh!!! Please end all this soon, so I can get rid of this torture. "Come on what are you people waiting for now, make a move.." I dashed outside the house hopefully everyone else following close behind.

We reached Mr. Farooqui's house, hell even their place was smaller than our servant quarter. How come than Mom think, we are a match made in heaven. We were just two different people with different status in societies and I know one thing for sure that she will never fit in. The house was literally glowing like it's a Diwali celebration or something. Who put those many twinkling lights in the house. Weird people I tell you. "Assalamoalaikum, please all of you head towards the backyard, everything is set up there.." Mr. Farooqui greeted everyone with enthusiasm, which I am sure I lacked. I still tried to force a small smile, cause Mom was glaring in my direction.

We all came into the backyard and ohkay these people have small but a nice garden. I guess any of them have a love for gardening.. Cool!! Not that bad at least. Mrs. Farooqui and a girl that I recognize as my soon to be sister in law, the name I forget obviously came towards us and another round of meet and greet started boring me to hell.. "Ahem ahem Jiju looking for your Mrs... Hmmmm..." I was lost in my thoughts when I heard a teasing voice behind me and I turned around to find the girl, whose name I couldn't remember. She is pretty, no doubt and unlike her sister doesn't use a scarf too. She seems cool, just like Najma. I gave her a small smile which she returned by taking my hand and pulling me somewhere..

"Come on Najma let's get the function started.." And just like that I am dragged by two girls, sister and sister in law. Ya Allah, why I have to be a part of their drama. Why can't these ladies leave me in peace. I was dragged along and thankfully Ayaan too tagged along with me and soon we all came to a stop.