Chap. 9

*ALICE'S POV*

It feels so good to have Alyssa back. It has been two days since we've became friends again and we're as close as ever. We've been spending most of our time together, just talking and laughing.

School is still awkward and Alyssa is the big talk but we've just been trying to ignore all the stares and talk and get on with our lives. Who cares anyway, I've got my best friend back.

One thing that has been dragging me down is that Nick still hasn't talked to me. He avoids me in every hallway and never makes eye contact with me.

Although I have only know him for a week it still hurts. I thought he would be there for me, help me even. One thing I have learned lately is that people aren't what they seem.

In the present I'm at school. First period has already gone and I'm making my way to science with Alyssa.

"I just can't believe it though," Alyssa carried on. "There was a bug in the brand new foundation!" She exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air causing me to laugh. Sometimes she over exaggerates, a lot.

I felt a vibration in the back pocket of my jeans. I pulled out my phone, expecting it to be Luke but soon shocked to see its Nick (and yes, his no longer an unknown number).

I quickly checked the message, almost dropping my phone in the process.

Meet me in the cafeteria.

"Your brother again?" Alyssa said with a laugh, flipping her hair over her shoulder.

"Um, yeah" I mumbled, not willing to tell her it was Nick. "Look, I need to go to the bathroom. See you in class." I quickly turned away and made my way to the cafeteria.

When I got to the cafeteria I saw Nick sitting at the table near the bins. With a roll of my eyes I made my way to the table.

"Seriously? This is the most rank table here," I said with a chuckle as I sat down.

"Look, I'm sorry," Nick said, acting as if he didn't even hear me talk.

"Yeah," I whispered, not sure what to say.

"I guess I just freaked out and I wasn't sure what to do so I ignored you and I don't know. I'm sorry," he said in a rush, only slowing down when saying I'm sorry.

"Nick, I don't think you get it. Everyone else had left me and I needed you. You were the only person I felt like I could turn to. You left me in a time of need and..." I trailed off slowly.

"Alice, I'm sorry. I'm an asshole, I know, but you have to forgive me." Nick said desperately.

"But Nick, that's the thing. I want to forgive you, I really do, but I don't know if I can." I answered, my eyes burning.

"Please, I will do anything," he begged me, clasping his hands together.

"I-I'm sorry," I whispered as I got up and quickly made my way to science, tears threatening to fall.
_____
A/N: this was a real short chapter, I know, and it's also late. I can't really write anymore because then it will be too long but yeah, sorry.

I will try and post the next chapter next week!