Chapter Twenty-Five : Happy Christmas!

Start from the beginning

Snorkeling with sharks and sting rays had been a lot more exciting than she thought it would be.  She was thankful William had brought his underwater camera with him as they took pictures during their time in the blue ocean.  

One night they decided to have beachfront dinner at the restaurant that was right on the beach at the hotel.  They were pretty tan from their days in the sun.  Evelyn was putting on her makeup in the bathroom when her boyfriend decided to come up behind her and wrap his arms around her middle causing her to pause what she was doing.  

"You look beautiful," he murmured to her and pressed a kiss to her head.

"Thank you, you look handsome and so tan," she grabbed hold of his forearm making him chuckle.  

"I'm quite surprised with how tan we are.  I reckon it won't let long after though."

"Don't jinx it.  You never know how long they last."

Her makeup was done lightly this trip only to accentuate her features.  Having a tan now, meant she couldn't use her liquid foundation as it was a couple shades lighter than what she was now.  

Tiki torches were lit as the palm trees were swaying due to the slight wind.  The tables were spread out allowing room for each family or couple to have their own space.  Here on the island, they didn't run into the problem of having people know who they were and coming up to them asking for a picture.  Everyone who came here was used to famous people staying here as this resort as well as the other resorts on the island were notorious for that.  It was so beautiful that it reminded her of Hawaii but it was even more exquisite.  

The couple held hands as she put her free hand on the inside of his arm to keep her warm.  She was wearing a red dress that was below her knees and had thin straps.  Evelyn decided to wear flip flops and have her blonde hair in a low neat bun with some bangs framing her face.  William settled for some khaki pants and a white button down wearing flip flops as well.  The couple was laughing and smiling as William was telling her some corny jokes that made her laugh and tip her head back with laughter.  She also had her handbag with her and in it she had her polaroid camera to take pictures with.  

"Hello, I am Keala," a gentleman came up to the couple to greet them.  "I will be your waiter for tonight.  Can I get you both started on something to drink?"

"Can I try the Bora Mary and have a glass of water as well, please?" Evelyn asked Keala.

"Of course," he nodded his head writing it down.  "And for you sir?"

They didn't have his favourite type of beer on hand so he settled for the next one he wanted to try which was a Polynesian brand.

"I'll take Hinano Tahiti beer please," he tells Keala.

"Excellent choices.  I will have them both out momentarily."

"Thank you," they say simultaneously as the waiter leaves to get their drinks.  

Eve had heard that the Bloody Mary here was the best on the island and she wanted to try it based on the recommendation from their website.  She had read that watermelon was it adding a sweet sensation to the cocktail beverage.  

"Are you going to let me try some of your drink," William asked his girlfriend as he played with her fingers making her shiver slightly.

"Absolutely not old man," Evelyn teased slightly knowing it would rile him up.

"Old man, really?  I didn't hear you saying that last night or the night before or the night before that. . ." he trailed off with a smug look.

"William," Evelyn feigned shocked making her giggle as her eyes shined bright.