Chapter 3 : The exams

During the whole semester, April has observed how Mike has been doing to study for the exams. She asked him some advices since he was a bit more in advance on the studies than her and since it seemed he has rapidly become a great experienced monster on the scaring theories. He often lend her some books he had found, or has studied with her, when they could more or less. And April was happy to have had Mike by her side many times to help her out a bit. But when he couldn't, she still could demand things to Professor Knight, and hear out any feedback on any exercise they have done and how she could evolve in her scare lessons. Of course during the semester, she wasn't going to be a maniac on studying. She has left some time for her to do her graffiti art, do some fitness to stay in shape, telephone her family, listen to some music.... But she took the scare studies straight at heart, not wanting to fail on anything nor more importantly the exams. 

As for about the RORs, she constantly has to deal with remarks and judgments coming from them, but she stayed strong and tries either avoiding them or ignoring their speeches. They notice how she was behaving, which stuns them and irritates them, but they would still continue to see how far April was going to handle that all. 

And Sullivan is another guy she tries avoiding, even if he doesn't specially annoy her so far, because of his so proud and confident attitude. Even if most monster girls do get attracted by his cool attitude, she doesn't fall for that. Her focus is on her studies and on her hobbies. Nothing has to matter more than that. 

As for Randall, she enjoys his company. She knows he is rather a lonely guy too and that he doesn't get friends easily even if he tries too, so when she or he can, she gives him some company and makes him feel less lonely. They aren't like best friends, but they understand each other pretty greatly. 

Randall and Mike, like most friends do, often ask her about her to get to know her a bit. She isn't distant, nor doesn't she reply harshly, but she keeps things about her for herself, not wishing to let them know.... at least yet. Mike and Randall don't understand this pretty much, but they accept her decision. After all it's her own private life. 

Her studies hasn't gone pretty bad, on contrary. Her tests results and exercises points are impressive. Not as great as Mike's results, which are almost all excellent, but enough to be one of the best students in class. And she is proud of it. All of her efforts do contribute to something. 

-

Today is the day of the exams. Finally.... But before having to go to the scare building to do it, April has woken up earlier to get contacts with her family. She walks down the corridor of the dorms to call her parents through a hanging telephone on the wall. She pays some money and starts typing their number. She waits a bit, hoping for her parents to answer the call. After what has taken a few seconds, somebody talks through the telephone. 

"Hello? Madam Slyther here.", a female voice introduces herself.

"Hi mom.", April says a bit embarassed.

"Oh, hi my sweet snake eyes. How you doing?", the mother asks, enthusiastically. 

"I'm fine, really. Today I'll have to do the final exams of this month. I just dearly hope it'll be fine.", April answers.

"But of course you will make it. You are our sweet and caring little monster.", mom says.

"Heh, thanks.", April chuckles out, "Is dad there too?"

"Of course he is here. Morton! Come here and say hi to your daughter.", the mother calls out, having taken a bit of distance between her face and the telephone to not give April an ear rape.

Seconds later, a deep warm male voice answers the call.

"Howdy dear April.", the father says happily.