Chapter 23: Submissions

After dinner, April had decided she wanted to call out her family to have a little talk with them. She had asked permission to use the telephone to call out her parents. While Reggie and Javier have both already gotten to sleep and Chet, Chip and Johnny are in front of the tv, April is in the big hall, talking with her family through the phone.

"Well it's so great, honey. We are so happy for you. We will cheer you up all the way since the beginning.", the mother comments, as April has announced her family about her admission to the RORs and her participation to the Scare Games.

"Thanks mom. You can't believe how excited I am. I never have done anything like this in so long.", April says, half whispering to not wake up the sleeping members of the team.

"I never thought my small little snakes eyes would have joined such a team like the Roar Omega Roar. I bet they're tough. They aren't bothering you, aren't they?", Andy asks, curiously.

"No, no. Don't worry. Some of them rather look nice. The leader most of all.", April blushes lightly as she said the last sentence.

"Wait. Don't tell me. The last of the Johnny Worthingtons right? The third? Yeah I know the song. Are you sure he is nice though?", Andy asks, unsure.

"Of course he is. We're.... Friends?", April doesn't know if revealing her family that she and Johnny are a couple.

"Why do I feel something behind the word 'friend' you said? Wait.... You and him....?"

April can't see it, but her brother is starting to smirk, being cocky.

"Uh.... Maybe?", April answers, flustered.

"No way!!", April's mom squeaks.

Which was so loud that April almost dropped off the telephone but grabbed it back on time before it could fall on the floor.

"My sweet little baby snake is finally in couple with someone! Oh my god!", the mother shouts out, victoriously before calling out her husband while Andy laughs uncontrollably, "Come down here, dear! Our little dragon is in couple with someone!"

"Shh, some of the team are asleep, please.", April shushes awkwardly, afraid that her mom's squeaking isn't loud enough to be heard anywhere.

"Wait, what?", the father's voice is approaching the voice slowly, "Who is this man? Who dares to trouble you, my poor sweet April?"

"Eh, can we talk about this another day? He's actually in the row and he probably could hear you.", April tries to calm her family down from the commotion.

"Yes, leave some space for the two lovebirds right now. They'll surely need time to get to talk about it.", Andy suggests.

"You're right, but soon we surely have to invite him at our house to eat. We will for certain have a lot to talk about. Right, hun?", the mother says, turning lastly to her husband.

"Right. A lot.", the father says skeptically.

"Okay, okay. But this, another time. I'm getting tired, I think I'm going to sleep.", April says, yawning at the end of her sentence.

"Okay, April, have a nice rest my dear.", the mother says.

"Goodnight.", Andy and the father say in unison.