Chapter 29: Remember Wazowski

"You are pure nonsense!", shouts Frank Fritz towards his team, "What about all this work and effort we have done for those few days? Have you become lazy? That's not what monsters do! They scare! They don't go lazy!"

Frank has brought his whole team of Oozmas on a corner outside of the building they were in for the event. And he is not happy at all. The Oozma crew is not the kind to like troubles, so the only thing they could do is to simply encase all the shouts. Or simply kindly explain all to him.

"We are sorry about this. I know you may be upset.", Don says, trying to calm his teammate down, "This one might have been difficult, but there are more left for us. There's no need to worry about."

"Really? And what will you say when in the next event, I find us become last? Will you be like "Oh it was just a game after all.". Nonsense.", Frank shouts out again.

April has been searching for the Oozma Kappa team a while after everyone from the games started walking away. There, on a corner, she finds them being shouted at by Frank. She hides behind a tree and observes and hears them out. Fanny steps in front of Don, trying to defend him and his teammates.

"It's not their fault. You are the one being too hard on them and being a tyrant on them.", she says sternly.

"I won't let Worthington and his crew of show-offs have this win against me! I'll prove him I value more than him.", Frank gets more angry.

"It's not all about you."

"She's right.", Terri and Terry start talking, "We are a team. We win or lose together."

"If you all can't work enough, then I don't see why we would be a team! I joined your team for a good reason.", Frank says, now aggressively walking away.

And shortly after, the other Oozma Kappa members start walking back to their row, their head hanging low, feeling down. Fanny on her side, sits on a bench near the building, sighing deeply and looking down. April has seen and heard it all. Wow. This is tough to take. That was one angry porcupine. April takes a breath in and out, before deciding to come out from her hiding spot and go meet with Fanny Fritz. She walks towards her slowly and waves a hand at her, forcing out a smile.

"Hey, Fanny.", she says.

Fanny heaves her head up and notices April. She smiles weakly back at April.

"Howdy, April.", she says.

"Can I sit next to you?", April asks.

Fanny nods and pats to the empty space of the bench softly for April to sit down on it. And April does so.

"You feeling alright?", April asks again, "You look tired."

"I am.... very much.", Fanny answers, "Physically and mentally to be honest."

"What happened?"

Fanny sighs.

"Me and the Oozmas are pretty exhausted.", she starts explaining, "Frank has started, since little time we've entered this team, to try to control a little what we do. He has always been like this since childhood. He likes having control on the situation. But before he wasn't like he is today. Anyway, he is so obsessed in trying to win those scare games against.... You know?"

"Johnny? And with that? What does he gain with that?", April asks confused.

"I don't really know why, it started a long time ago. Since our dad got fired from his job at Fear Co., my brother started somehow to have an eye against the name Worthington. I still don't know how it is related with, but our dad started to get colder. And my brother started to be frustrated. Sometimes I could hear him whisper mean things about this name. And he just couldn't wait to enter this school to somehow shame off Mr Worthington by ridiculing his son."