Chapter 10: The Moment of Truth

During a few days now, April has been studying normally without any troubles, yet she was still thinking about the last conversation she had with the president of the Roar Omega Roar fraternity. She hasn't talked to him nor his fraternity comrades since then. But during these days, she has been observing the Oozma Kappas training and performing. She doesn't know what happened to them since that day when they got humiliated in front of the whole university, but they sure were working more and harder than in the first two events. Mike has been training and helping his comrades very hard, the Oozma Kappas members were giving all their best and improving, and Sulley seems to be for once working hardly too. 

-

There is the third event of the Scare Games; "Don't scare the Teen". The remaining fraternities have to walk through a labyrinth with many human figures panels on the walls who could be activated to show off in front of the monsters. The participants have to hide when they confront these panels before they get seen, to progress through the labyrinth. Eventually they can roar against children figures. April, watching on a corner, could hear buzzes from the figures panels. She crosses her fingers for the Oozma Kappas to make it. First coming out, are the RORs.... and then here come the OK in second place.

 "First place, ROAR OMEGA ROAR! Second place, Oozma Kappa!", the vice-president of the greek council exclaims, "Third place, HSS!"

 April yells victoriously, arms in the air. The PNKs are the fraternity who didn't succeed and are eliminated. The ROR, the OK and the HSS are remaining in the competition.

The next day, as April is walking towards her studies with a box of noodles to eat, she can see the Oozmas once more into training for the next event. She can hear their conversation going on. Mike is pointing out where everyone is hiding.

"Kiosk! Pile of leaves! Standing out in the open!", he yells.

Art is standing, staring at a butterfly.

"And there should be one more...."

He hears a whistle from up above.

"How'd I do?", Don whistles, clutching with his tentacles on a branch up a tree.

"Oh, not too shabby, Don!", Mike cheers.

"Thanks! I cannot get down.", Don whistles back, worriedly. 

April chuckles, happy to see the progress in everyone of this fraternity. She can see Sulley trying out a hiding spot in a bush, who is noticing April walking by. April gives a thumb up, grinning to him while nodding. Sulley smiles at her, as a reaction to her cheering.

-

During a few mores days, the Oozmas were training, and April's hopes on them grow more, knowing definitely that they surely got a chance against the RORs. A few times, she has hung up with the Oozmas at lunch, at breaks, in the evening, at their fraternity house.... She even got better along with Sullivan. They were now friends. They still don't share their opinions on some things, but they still got along. 

-

The next event, "Hide and Seek", consists in monsters disguised as guards who will look after the few competitors left, inside the Roar Omega Roar house. The fraternities have to hide into different spots and not get seen by the guards, while trying to escape the house. From this house, emerges the owners of the house first, and then the Oozma Kappas. The two remaining victorious fraternities are to face each other in the last event of the Scare Games very soon. April claps her hands together at the team.

"We're down to two remaining teams! Roar Omega Roar and Oozma Kappa!", exclaims the greek council president.

The Greek VP opens a black envelope and announces...