Chapter 15: Announcement.

honestly i kinda wanna start a draco x reader fanfic...what do y'all think? ;)

(totally haven't written like 2 chapters in my drafts already hehe)

When Peter woke up it was starting to get dark outside, it took him a moment to remember where he was and...why there was pressure on his chest. He looked down and was surprised to see MJ asleep, she was lying on his chest, her head tucked up near his neck and they were still holding hands. He smiled slightly, a turned to his bedside to check the time. 6:33pm.

The boy quickly glanced at the clock before turning to back to look at MJ, having forgotten he still had picture of him and Tony framed next to the clock. 

"It's not your fault."

He ignored the voice in his head and rested back against his pillow, not even sleep could fix how drained he felt. 

Peter looked down at MJ and his heart ached. She and Ned meant so much to him, just like all his Aunts and Uncles, they were the only people he had left. 

"You still have me kid."

"Stop." he muttered, running his free hand through his curls, the other gripping MJ's hand tighter. His head ached, his eyes were itchy and his heart was heavy, he couldn't deal with his spiralling thoughts right now.

MJ stirred against him and tiredly yawned before moving to sit up, turning to face the boy. "You okay?"

Peter nodded, a hint of smile appearing on his face.

"What time is it?" She asked.

"U-uh, 6:40." Her face dropped and she quickly jumped off the bed, grabbed her bag and flinging it over her shoulder.

"Shoot, I need to be home by 7:00." MJ started to walk out but changed her mind. She turned and walked back over to Peter, she kissed his cheek gently, "Text me. See you Peter." 

The boy watched her walk out as heat rose to his cheeks, "Bye." He called out, a small smile forming.

------------------------------------------------------

The next morning Peter was once again getting ready to go to a conference meeting, execpt this time Tony wasn't with him.

"Yes I am."

He forced himself to put some decent clothes on before heading off to the bathroom. He splashed cold water on his face and leaned against the sink, looking up to see himself in the mirror.

The bags under his eyes were now a permant feature, his eyes were puffy and his cheekbones more defined.

"You need to eat Peter."

"Go away." The boy quickly brushed his teeth before going back into his room.

A knock on the door made him flinch slightly.

"Peter? Are you ready?" Nat asked gently.

And Peter hated that. He hated that everyone spoke to him as if he would crumble any minute, like he some knd of 5 year-old who didn't understand the concept of death. He did. He understood it fluently.

He nodded and grabbed his jacket off a chair before walking past her and out into the living area where everyone else was waitng patiently for him. "You ready-"

"Yes." Peter repeated, slightly frustrated, Steve and the others taken aback by his tone. "Can we just...get this over with?" He asked in a slightly softer tone.

"Of course, let's go."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The car ride was silent, no one said a word and even if they were to no one knew what to say. Peter focused on his hands, he didn't want to look at anyone or look out the window or do anything that would convince him all of this was real. It still felt like a nightmare.

"It is real."

He could still hear Tony's voice in his head, like the man was still with but he wasn't. And he couldn't understand a thing anymore, nothing made any sense and no one could relate. He had lost so much and this was just the cherry on the top.

He could feel everything around him going numb, before he was sad and angry but now he could barely feel a thing. Nothing. Everything was just...nothing.

He just wanted to feel something again.

-----------------------

sorry this is so short (ew) but ill try my best to make the next on longerrr :) also imma be doing a special Tony and Peter christmas story (not linked to this story) it will be a seperate so when it is published i will let you knowwww :D.