Chapter 38: Still Feeling Pain.

Peter got back from school feeling slightly happy, confused and also strangely overwhelmed. Karl had seemed to sense this so decided to keep conversation simple during the car ride home.

When they got back the house smelt like fresh bread. "Oh hey Peter, how was school?" Rose asked as she appeared in the hallway, her apron dusted in flour.

"It was nice, um, what have you been making?" He asked as she pulled him into a side hug to avoid getting his shirt messy. He smiled.

"Bread, want to have a slice?"

"Sure."

She went back to get a slice of the bread before coming back and handing it over. "You got homework?"

"Quite a bit."

"Okay sweetie, dinner is at 6 so maybe get some done now? Karl was hoping we could watch a film tonight altogether."

"Sounds really nice." Peter said before grabbing his heavy bag and heading up to his room.

The room was still very plain, only decorated with a few items Peter had taken. It was a big change from his bedroom in the Tower but it was slowly becoming more familiar and homey.

He dumped his bag on the bed and he went round to open the window and let some fresh air in. The cool breeze corresed his skin and let out a sigh. He could still see most of New York from where he was standing, including the Tower.

A huge part of him yearned to swing his way towards it but he couln't face being a hero again.

Last time he tried that...well...

Peter blinked to clear his vision before turning around to get on with his work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

It had been a week since Tony had last seen Grey. Since he had last seen Peter on that disguisting video footage. He could feel the bile pilling in his throat at the idea of those bastards watching his son's every move.

He scratched at the wall mindlessly, he could go crazy in this cell. Maybe he was. Maybe he had already died and this was just some sick game his brain was making him participate in.

Faint voices could be heard from outside his room and it peaked his interest. One voice was different, it sounded younger, nothing like Grey's or the other agents ones.

It was both relieving and unnvering.

The conversation seemed to end there before the door was yanked open and light filled part of the room.

"Up, now." Was all Grey said, his eyes staring emotionlessly at the man.

Tony stumbled up to his feet as the chains around his wrists jingled. He followed Grey out the room and through the corrider he had been to previously before entering a new room.

And Tony's jaw dropped to the floor.

The room was huge, and when Tony said huge, he meant huge.

Computer screens, projected images and other forms of technolodgy covered almost every surface possible, with agents and workers all over the place. The technolodgy was incredibly advanced compared to what Tony had seen and it scared him more than he would admit.

But what scared him more was the huge symbol plasted on the centre wall.

The Hydra symbol.

Inside he knew that this was most likely the doing of Hydra, but he had tried to convince otherwise, blame someone else, a rivial maybe? But this was just the fucking cherry on top.

"Welcome to Hydra, Mr Stark."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

His pillow was soaked through, so much he had to flip it over if he hoped to get any kind of sleep. Well, of what hours he had left until his alarm would go off.

Peter's entire body shivered as the combination of both the cold air and exhaustion took a tole on him. He had tried, he had really tried to stay strong but he couldn't hold it in any longer.

His arms clutched the pillow to his chest like it was person, trying to imagine the heartbeat and warm hands running through his hair. Peter wanted Tony. He wanted his Dad.

He missed him so much.

So fucking much.

And he wanted him here, now, just one more time. Sure, Karl and Rose could hug and Ned was there to give him pats on the back but it wasn't enough. He craved the feeling of parental love. Of Tony's parental love.

How could he be so touch-starved yet so loved? He was physically comforted all the time but it wasn't the same.

His eyes connected with the window for a moment and a rush of adrenaline went through his veins. All he wanted was to be there, in that place. It was the closest thing he could have to the real Tony. So in a spilt sceond he grabbed his web shooters and Spiderman mask from his bag and lept out the window without a second thought.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

hello beautiful person

hope u enjoyed this!!

next chapter im really excited for

so make sure this in ur libray cus everything will make sense soon

okay bye <3