Chapter 44: Repition

"Hey have you guys talked to Peter lately?"

Bruce, Nat and Clint looked up as Rhodey entered the room with a cup of coffee in his hand. The mug was one of Tony's old ones; black with the word "Genius" in gold.

"I mean we talked to him yesterday, why?" Nat replied.

"I don't know - just thought he would let us know how everything is going after...well you know." The man said, taking a seat next to Clint.

"Just text him?"

Rhodey rolled his eyes, "Gee I didn't think of that one Clint." He groaned as the man slapped his arm.

"The kid's probably just busy with school, I expect-" Bruce started to say before Steve rushed into the room in a panic.

"Guys somethings not alright."

*3 hours earlier*

The bell for the last class of the day rang and Ned packed up his books, sheets no doubtly crumpled as he rushed to leave the classroom. Panic had been building in his chest ever since Peter hadn't shown up for school and he needed answers.

Ned walked down the halls quickly before making his way out to the front of the school. The more intelligent side of the boy was telling him that Peter was completely fine and he was just overreacting but he couldn't shake the odd feeling that something wasn't right.

He grabbed his phone and checked for what was the probably the tenth time and still: no new messages. That still wasn't enough as he found himself scrolling through previous messages to make sure nothing sparked as odd.

Ned was about to turn it off after no luck but paused when he a saw a message from a few days ago. It was the day Peter had moved into his God Parent's home - he had given Ned the address in the hopes the boy could go around to see his friend, guilt piled in his gut when he realised he never ended up going.

peter (aka spideyy): 11 Gubler Avenue  

peter (aka spideyy): come visit asap man !!

Surely Karl and Rose wouldn't mind if he went over to check on Peter? Just to make sure his friend was okay. Although he had never had a chance to introduce himself he figured stopping by for a few minutes wouldn't be much of problem - worst case he could break in; he didn't think things would come to that.

Ned typed the address into his phone and followed the directions in hopes of finding Peter. 

----------------------------------------------------

Tony could feel himself beginning to slip away - not physically - emotionally, mentally. Somehow that seemed a lot worse. 

His brain was fried, he had no sense of time, memories of days leading up to the kidnapping were slowly fading; he couldn't distinguish what was real and what he had made up to cope with the loneliness. The man was loosing it.

He pressed a few more visuals on the computer, one which was of the external design of the suit and another which was of the bullets imbedded in the wrist compartment. Grey hadn't returned since he brought Tony to his 'new room' and the man figured he wouldn't see a familiar face until the suit was done.

That was another ache in his mind - what the hell was the suit for? The simple answer would be that it was for someone, perhaps an Agent or a solider...that thought ran a shiver up his spine. Although his relationship was Bucky was not an easy one, he understood enough to know that the man had experienced hell and back when mind-controlled by Hydra. He hoped this wasn't some sick repeat, just with a new innocent person.

A small document had been left on the desk explaining how to make the suit, once all directions had been completed and each request had been accounted for Tony would send in the electronic copy and Grey would 'finish the job'.  The design was complex - difficult that it would make sense for them to need someone like Tony to complete the intricate details.

The man finished up the third request of 'Bullet Shooters in Wrists' and rubbed his aching head. Staring at a screen for hours with no water was not a good combination.

Tony raised his eyes weakly to stare into the camera which was drilled into the corner of the room, staring right back at him. I wonder how many people are watching me right now, or who.

Not doubly his every move was been tracked and monitored, eager eyes trained on the footage streaming from his room just waiting for him to make one fatal move - then if one occurred they would torture him mentally, physically and emotionally. They would hurt Peter, even thinking of the act made his heart twist and throat constrict with utter anguish.

He wouldn't let that happen, even if it took everything out of him, Tony would never give up on the safety of his son. Anyone who knew him personally understood that, they knew the lengths he would go to in order to keep those close to him safe. But what if there was another way? A way in which Peter could be safe but...he could be too?

It would be hard, definitely.

And...he would have to pull some wild cards, toss coins of fate and make deals with the devil but, he couldn't just abandon his kid. His safety came first but if that was secured...he could escape - find a way home, home to Peter. Tony could win, he had to.

The man had to go home to Peter, find him, before he lost himself.

------------------------------------------------------

Ned rushed up to the doorsteps of Peter's new home and rang the doorbell a few times for good measure. His palms were sweaty and he wiped them on his trousers - he needed to calm down. There was a large chance this was a big misunderstanding, as he kept telling himself, but until he made sure Peter was fine; he didn't think his nerves would calm.

He waited for the door to open but no one answered. Ned rang the bell again, even knocked a couple times; still no answer.

Something really felt wrong.

The boy moved towards the front window and looked through, the room had a small sofa and a large TV - the living room. It was empty.

His heart rate was picking up fast, where was Peter? No texts, calls, he wasn't even at his house.

He fumbled in his pockets before pulling out his phone, dialing a number he was only supposed to call on emergencies.

Steve Rogers.

------------------------------------------------------

we are slowly coming to and end of this story folks...

but not yet - so don't worry :)

this came out way later than I wanted it to so sorry for the wait but I hope u enjoyed <3