🕊When I Get Home🕊

A/N: originally supposed to be two parts 🙄 wattpad is fucking up so here's to the longest chapter you'll ever see from me 🥴🥴. Let's see if anyone could make it to the end.  Heavily Chloe centered. Also, heavy topics are discussed here, so read with caution triggers are labeled beforehand. Happy reading.

Chloe!

The sleeping fifteen year old let out a low disgruntled groan as the sound of her name sliced through her head with skull-splitting sharpness. She rolled over and buried her head in a pillow that definitely wasn't hers but somehow smelled familiar. Her eyelids felt heavy, but someone was screeching her name and stomping heavily up the stairs towards her and if she was going to be able to deal with whoever it was that was responsible for disturbing her sleep, she would have to wake up. She pushed the blanket aside and tried to open her eyes but the sleep was too good to disturb, so she laid back down still out for the count.

Chloe felt a sharp pain explode across her mouth and she jolted up in shock. Alana hovered over her smirking with her arms folded. Oh, right, I'm here, she thought. Still sluggish and spent, Chloe's tongue darted gingerly to lick her lips and she tasted blood.

"What the hell," Chloe asked, realizing the girl had smacked her.

"Didn't you hear my mom calling for you," Alana asked, glaring down at Chloe with hard eyes full of contempt.

"When she tells you to do something, do it. Don't just lay there like the useless little bitch that you are," she growled.

Chloe felt around the side of the bed for her sister and relaxed once her hand landed on Halle's back. It was a rarity that she woke earlier than Halle. The oldest Bailey stared blankly at Alana. Her mouth felt dry and she could taste the remnants of marijuana still on her tongue. Chloe took a deep breath and attempted her breathing exercises to calm her nerves. She noticed that the chair wasn't underneath the door. She must've forgotten after her and her sister raided the fridge last night and crashed soon after.

"And wake that half-witted dumb ass sister of yours up."

Chloe knew Alana's words were just words, but they hurt. It was as if she could feel her heart shatter and her insides twist with every cruel taunt and catty dig Alana threw at her, and God, why would anyone want to make someone else feel so utterly worthless? Halle was different that's all. She wasn't half-witted or dumb. In fact, she was smarter than most kids her age, but everyone who came in contact with her couldn't help but to notice how she created the impression of someone years younger. Halle shifted on the bed, laying back against the pillow as her eyes fluttered open.

"What's she doing in here," Halle rubbed the sleep from her eyes.

Alana looked at the younger girl in disgust, "this is my fucking house you should be asking yourself that question because I have yet to figure it out."

"Girl it is too early. Where do you find this energy," Halle asked.

The pain in Chloe's mouth was now more evident as she finally had her moment of staring off into space. Again she touched her lip and ogled the girl still staring.

"I don't know, God," Alana turned to leave.

Chloe allowed the anger building up inside her, to spread through her blood and envelop her body in a familiar blanket of rage and numbness till the trepidation and dismay were gone. She rushed to her feet running behind Alana slightly and took it upon herself to push Alana so hard the girl dropped to her hands and knees.

"Chloe," Halle yelled confused by what was taking place.

Alana stood and took a couple of steps toward Chloe who staggered backwards visibly shaken by the enraged eagle eye the brunette sent her way. Chloe's eyes locked on Alana like she was seeing her for the first time and a look of horror flashed across the fifteen year olds face.