Lulla-Bye

A/N: Slight update :/ This chapter is dialogue heavy.

"Stop touching my stuff," Chloe yanked her Nintendo DS from her sister and placed it on her desk where it belonged

The seven year old spun around in her big sister's chair paying no mind to whatever words came from the older girl's mouth.

"We had a deal, remember? I let you in for an hour, and you sit there and don't touch anything," Chloe sighed.

The oldest plopped down on her bean bag chair clutching her math homework. It had only been twenty minutes since Halle entered and Chloe was ready to pull her hair out watching her sister touch every item on her desk.

"That's boring," Halle rolled her neck and eyed the pink lava lamp on her sister's side table.

"Well you could always," Chloe pointed her pencil at the door.

Halle sauntered to the lamp thinking how it would go great with her new room decor. The child's room had been renovated recently, but Halle thought it was missing one last thing.

"Well, if I go out there then I'd be forced to tell mom who really broke that priceless necklace great gammy gave her. You know I can't look at mommy and lie Chloe," Halle shook her head in mock shame.

Chloe already regretted this little deal they had going. There's no way she'd last another week under the thumb of someone who stopped wetting the bed two years ago. Chloe zeroed in on her homework and tried her best to ignore the little tyrant in front of her.

Halle unplugged the lamp hoping not to interrupt Chloe in the process. She felt around the warm body to check the temperature. The girl didn't like blackmailing her sister, but she couldn't deny the perks were amazing. Plus It's fun. The youngest Bailey picked up the lava lamp and made a beeline for the door. The hastiness of her exit didn't match the energy in the room, it was quiet and collected.

"Halle," Chloe called with an attitude.

Startled, Halle stopped in her tracks still facing the door.

"Where do you think you're going with my stuff," Chloe placed her paper on her pink furry rug before storming at her sister.

"To the kitchen to tell mama about the necklace," Halle smirked turning to face Chloe.

Their relationship had been inseparable at first, two like-minded children that were thick as thieves. Maybe it was the age difference, or Halle's incessant need to annoy, but their bond was lax as of late. Chloe inched toward her sister ensuring that she was towering over the scheming urchin, maybe this would work. The oldest Bailey thought about the firm rule her parents made a while back; no fighting each other. There were lots of times where the youngster wanted to at least pop her sister's hand after Halle found something to get into or ran off at the mouth, but still she refrained. Her Parents never said anything about intimidation tactics though.