What's In Your Head

Play song in MM🙃
Thanks For Reading

"What the fuck are you gonna do next time," Mike screamed a few inches away from Chloe's face

Mike got in from work at seven in the morning and immediately woke both of the girls up with screaming and yelling at the top of his lungs. Apparently Tasha had told him they were too busy talking to boys to catch the bus, and once an idea was set in Mike's head there wasn't any wiggle room for change. The first person he snatched by their locs was Chloe. He had a soft spot for Halle and only ever whooped her with a belt, but the hatred he had for Chloe ran deep. Mike hated her judgemental stares, her need to defy, her grotesque face and he reminded Chloe daily. The towering man stood at 6'3 and had about two hundred pounds of muscle stacked on his bones, so the five years Chloe have lived with him she's never fought back. She did nothing as he dragged her to the bathroom. She did nothing as he threw her in the tub fully clothed and turned the shower on to make sure she was fully awake. She did nothing when she felt the stinging across her cheek. She did nothing as he kicked her in the stomach. She was silent when he twisted her arm to the point where she thought there was a pop. She did nothing. She didn't cry. She didn't ask him to stop. She stayed quiet until they were both on the bathroom floor void of any sound except for their breathing. She stared at the pearly white tiles to avoid making Mike remember why they were here in the bathroom in the first place.

"I guess your dumb ass deaf now too," Mike spoke threw clenched teeth.
He had an ironclad grip on her hair as he seethed. The teen cringed feeling his spit splatter across her face. Ugh. She was far from dumb. The only reason Chloe was still in high school was because she denied any chance of skipping a grade so Halle wouldn't be left alone to fend for herself. Chloe despised this man. She hated his thick eyebrows. She detested his smirk he wore around the house so callously. She loathed his unkempt hair, and avoided his snarl everytime Chloe's name was mentioned. She hated him. The older Bailey sister deserved an Oscar for keeping the malice from being written across her face.
"No," Chloe finally spoke.
"What was that," Mike tilted her head at an unflattering angle.
"No, I'm not dumb,"she mumbled.
Mike released her hair from its hold and stood towering over Chloe.
"Then answer my question Einstein. What are you going to do next time," Mike smirked.
Chloe bit back the spit she was holding in her mouth just for him,"get on the bus."
"Without doing what," Mike teased.
"Talking to any boys," Chloe griped.
"That's my baby girl," Mike reached his arms out for a hug.
Chloe stood to hug her "father" choking back vomit. His hugs didn't mean anything. His hugs meant I'm sorry until the next time I lose it. I'm sorry but you made me do it. I'm sorry but you have to learn. Mike rubbed the Bailey girl's back as a concerned father would. He kissed her cheek and exited the bathroom bumping into Halle on his way out. The younger girl had tear stained cheeks and there was evidence of new ones getting ready to spill.
"What the hell did I tell you about listening to shit that don't have nothing to do with you little girl," Mike screamed.
"I'm sorry daddy," Halle hugged his waist and placed her cheek to his chest.
She didn't like when Mike raised his voice, but she would take his over Tasha's any day.
"It's okay baby girl," Mike kissed the top of her head.
"Next time just mind your business and stop following your sister's fast ass over a cliff. That girl will get you in a lot of trouble do you hear me," the big man screamed.
Halle nodded and pulled out of the hug wiping her tears.
"Y'all got yard work to do this morning. Be out in the yard by eight thirty no minute less," Mike barked.
"Yes daddy," Halle said.
Mike stared at a still dripping Chloe with one brow raised.
"Yes...daddy," the older sister sniffed barely holding it together.
With that, Mike left their room slamming the door in his wake.
Chloe began taking off her soaked clothes to get in the shower letting all of the unshed tears from earlier trickle down her cheeks. She's never let Mike see her cry except for a few times over the years. Chloe turned the water on and waited for it to get warm, something her dad failed to do this morning. The older Bailey stared at her reflection and promised herself the moment she got a chance to get out of this hell hole she'd take it no question.