Steve turned to Amara and Natasha. "Us three, we stay here on the ground, keep the fighting here."

"And Hulk."

Hulk turned to him.

"Smash."

↯↯↯

Amara stood alarmed as if ready to lunge any second beside Natasha, who was panting. The ex-assassin had somehow managed to obtain one of the Chitauri weapons, wielding it like she had used it many times. The two worked in perfect sync, slashing, parrying and killing together as if they'd done it dozens of times together.

Exhaustion was evident on both Natasha and Amara's faces. The demigod was extremely tired from using her powers too but continued to push forward.

"So, when exactly were you going to tell me you had powers?" Natasha asked, a slight grin on her lips while Amara turned to an alien soldier running straight towards her.

"Never really planned to," Amara stated honestly, effortlessly countering the Chitauri's attack before stabbing it in the side, resulting in it collapsing to the ground lifeless. "But here we are."

When Steve eventually joined the two, Amara saw that he too was exhausted. Natasha stared at him in surprise, almost ready to attack him with the Chitauri weapon she was wielding, but once she realised who it was, she dropped it.

"Captain, none of this is gonna mean a damn thing if we don't close the portal."

"Our biggest guns couldn't touch it," Steve panted.

"Well, maybe, it's not about guns," Natasha said, carefully eyeing the Chitauri chariots flying ahead.

Both Amara and Steve followed her gaze and the demigod knew exactly what Natasha was planning

"You wanna get up there," Steve said. "You're gonna need a ride."

"You're gonna hijack an alien, aren't you?" Amara stated blandly while Natasha just grinned at her.

"I got a ride. I could use a lift though."

Natasha got into position, her knees bent, ready to run as Steve angled his shield in the correct position just like he did with Amara a while ago.

"Are you sure about this?" He asked, lifting his head up to look at the chariots, watching as they zoomed past in a blink of an eye.

Amara watched as the moment Steve gave Natasha a nod, the red-head ex-assassin ran forward and hopped on his shield before he boosted her up with all his might as she grabbed onto a flying chariot passing by.

Both Amara and Steve went back to slicing and hacking away any Chitauri soldiers that came their way. After making sure that Steve was fine on his own defending the street they were on, she made her way through another street.

Her phone had died since the beginning of battle so she had no way to contact Percy and Annabeth, and check on them to see if they were okay. She didn't even have a spare drachma to iris-message them.

As if the gods had heard her, a transparent message appeared in front of Amara a few moments later right as she killed another alien.

"Amara!"

"Percy!" Amara's attention snapped to her best friend. "Thank the gods you're okay."

Relief was evident on Percy's face. "I'm glad you are too."

Amara could hear yelling from behind. "Are you at camp?"

"Yeah." Percy nodded. "Annabeth and I got called here to protect the younger campers from whatever these monsters are."