Chapter 11 - The First Chunin Exams

(A/n I added a song up top to play while you read. I listen to this song when I write or do homework so I hope you guys like it! ~Tod)

First chunin exam

Kuro's POV

I woke Kakashi up by jabbing my fingers into his side. He jolted awake and swatted me away from him. I ruffled his hair and then left to take a shower. After my shower I came out to the kitchen and saw that Kakashi had made pancakes. I smiled and grabbed my plate and the syrup. I doused my pancakes in syrup and pulled my masks off so I could eat. Once finished I walked over to the sink and cleaned my dishes. Kakashi walked over and handed me his dishes as he grabbed the towel. He dried the dishes and put them up after I washed them. Once finished I walked back to our room to finish getting ready. Kakashi grabbed me and threw me onto the bed. I looked at him and he was smiling his closed eyed smile. I got up walked up to him. I looked up at him as he looked down at me. He was still smiling until I punched his groin. He fell down and I threw him onto the bed. I put my ninja packs on and my black cloak and mask. Today I was going to wear my all black outfit so people don't see me as an anbu at the exams. Kakashi got up and glared at me as he put his packs on. I just left to go put my shoes on. I sat down next to the door and dozed as I waited for kakashi to come. Eventually after what seemed like hours, he came and put his shoes on. He sighed as he saw that I was asleep. He picked me up and carried me on his hip. Opening the door and closing and locking it behind us, he sighed yet again and then set out for the academy. As we arrived, I saw some ninja look at us weirdly. One ninja with brown hair and a scar on his nose looked at kakashi with recognition and then confusion as he saw me. The ninja walked over to us. "Hello Kakashi! Are you here to see you team off for the chunin exams?"
"Hai Iruka."
So that's his name. Meh, it's scar face now.
"How have they been doing anyway?"
"Good, we have had a few missions here and there and they are improving in their training."
Ha! More like improving in their bickering. Jeez, ever since they went on that mission to the land of the waves their teamwork has been terrible. And don't even get me started on kakashi being so reckless on that mission.
"Ah, so... uh, w-who is the sleeping kid?"
"Ah, this is kuro. He is currently living with me as the hokage thought it would be smart to give him a guardian. He has been living in the village for... hmmm about 5 years."
"Oh, I've never seen him before. If he's been living here that long, why wasn't he in the academy?" "When he took a test to see his placement it was decided for him to skip the academy as he wouldn't have gotten anything from it."
"So he is prodigy like you. Eh , kakashi-san, he seems like a sweet kid. I would of liked to have taught him."
"I don't know about that. I doubt you could have even taught him. He sleeps so much that it is wonder how he even completes his missions."
"He has missions by himself?"
"Hai, he sometimes prefers to work alone, although he does have missions with his team very often."
"Who is on his team?"
"Ehh... well, you see, I don't actually know. He won't tell me and I when I ask the hokage he says that I shouldn't worry. But I do worry and I wish he would tell me, you know?"
"You sound like a father Kakashi!"
"A-ah, ano I don't know about that Iruka." Kakashi started to get flustered. I laughed at him silently, but decided to help him out. I lifted my head off of Kakashi's shoulder and stretched my arms. I stretched my legs too and then looked around. There didn't seem to be anyone around other than a teacher here and there.
"Ah, Kuro, this is Iruka. He is the one who taught my students here at the academy."
I nodded to him and then turned to look at Iruka. Iruka was looking at me curiously, but I saw a glean of longing in his eye. Why do his eyes look like that? Maybe he wants a kid or ... oh. Ewwww. I think I'm going to forget to have ever thought that. Geez, I don't think kakashi is that type of person. Guy is and apparently Iruka but ewww. Not kakashi or our predicament would be a little weird seeing as I'm a guy.
Need to see Ibiki. Don't have time for this.
"Kuro and I need to go, but it was nice talking to you Iruka."
"Ah, I'm sorry for having held you up! Have a nice day."
"It's ok Iruka. See you another time then." Kakashi walked away toward the exam room. When we got to the second floor we saw Izumo and Kotetsu setting up a genjustu and henge. "Hey Kuro! Kakashi! Do we look convincing or what!"
"Shut up, this is just for the kids not for the proctors."
"It's alright guys, I think it looks good. Maybe make your voice a little higher though Izumo, and Kotetsu, you need to be a little shorter."
"Hai, thanks for the help Kakashi. Kuro, can't wait to see the kids faces when they see you as the proctor!" I nodded at them and Kakashi finished walking to the exam room. As we walked in I saw Ibiki and a lot of chunin and a couple jounin in the room. Ibiki looked to have been giving them instructions.
"Ah, I see you finally decided to show up. I was telling everyone what we are going to do, but I guess now I'll have to fill you in too."
"Mah, I'm just here to drop Kuro off, I have to meet the hokage in- actually I was supposed to meet him an hour ago. So I'll be off." He walked over and set me down on the edge of the table before poofing off. I started to swing my legs as I waited for Ibiki to continue. He stared at me for a second before he finished giving the instruction. (A/N you know how it works, so I'm not going to bore you with the instructions.) As Ibiki finished everyone started to get into groups of their friends and started to talk. Ibiki sat down and was looking at some paperwork. I assumed it had something to do with the exams, so I scooted over the table so I was sitting next to him on the table. He looked up briefly and then went back to looking over the papers. I realized that they were every participants files. He was looking over some sound ninjas papers. That little snake pedo. I guess he is the one going to kill the hokage then. Why else would he be entering his people into the exams. I got bored after about the 2nd person and decided I wanted to take a nap. However, I didn't want to sleep on the table, or on the ground. I didn't know any of the chunins or jounins who were there also. My head turned to Ibiki as he flipped a page. A smile grew on my face as I figured out where I was going to take a nap. I got off the table quietly and slid in between his arms easily. I got into his lap and he stiffened. I situated myself and pulled his coat around me so that I blended in better with his clothing. I was wearing all black so that always helps. Ibiki spoke in a low tone, "Kuro what are you doing?"
I tapped his chest with my hand. Taking a nap.
"Why are you in my lap?"
Comfortable. Didn't want to sleep on the desk or floor.
"Couldn't you have just slept on a chunin or jounin over there. There are plenty to choose from."
Don't know them.
"Seriously kuro, you better get off of me before one of them-" a loud laugh cut him off. I assume that one of the chunin saw him predicament.
"Awww Ibiki-San, you two look so cute!"
"Shut up."
"Does anyone have a camera? I need to use this as blackmail! Ooh maybe I'll give the picture to Anko!"
"I have a camera!"
"No, do not take a picture of me. If you do I have lots of space at the T & I unit that's always can be filled."
"Aww, isn't he so cute!" Ibiki sighed in frustration before whispering to me.
"You're lucky that you are and anbu captain or I would have already torn you to shreds."
You can't but sure. Now stop distracting me. I'm trying to sleep. He sighed and picked up some papers to continue looking through the kids profiles. I put my head on his chest and tightened my grip on his shirt. He sighed yet again and leaned a little forward. After a few minutes he leaned even further forward and I felt myself slipping. I continued to slip and I figured he would catch me if I fell, so I dozed on. Finally I slipped a little to far and started to fall. Ibiki grunted in surprise and caught me. "Kuro you ok?" I pretended to keep sleeping and he sighed. "Damn lazy kid. Probably gets it from kakashi." Hehe if only he knew. He leaned back in his chair and placed me back into my former position. However this time he placed a hand on my back as the other grabbed a paper. He continued to read through the papers and only took his hand off of my back to flip papers. Ten or so minutes in I felt a vibration coming from his chest as I realized he was humming. He wasn't humming loud enough for the others to hear, but I could still feel the vibrations. He also started to slowly move his hand in a back and forth motion. My eyelids started to droop with the combination of humming and him rubbing my back so it was only a matter of time before I actually fell asleep.