Chapter 9 - The Irony in a Name

Kakashi's POV:
I woke up to light streaming onto my face. I looked around the room, my eyes focusing and adjusting to the morning light. I felt something really warm against my chest and looked down. My arms were still wrapped around kuro and he was pulled against my chest. I frowned at how warm he was. Is he sick? "Kuro? Are you awake buddy?" Nothing. Alright. How about I go get stuff for little mister sick here and let him sleep in. Ok? Ok. I untangled Kuro from my arms and got up from the bed. I looked back at Kuro and positioned him a little better. Then I left the room to go get blankets, medicine, a bucket of cold water, and a rag. When I got back to the room, Kuro was still sleeping soundly. I went over to the window and looked out. It was about 7 in the morning. I should probably send a shadow clone to be with my students. And also one to the Hokage to tell him that Kuro is sick and can't do missions. I made two shadow clones and sent them off to go do those tasks. Turning back to Kuro, I was surprised to see him staring at me. "Hey buddy, you're sick, so I sent a clone to tell the hokage that you can't work today." Kuro shook his head and started to get up out of bed. "No kuro! You can't go on missions today! You can finish all of them when you aren't sick, but for right now you are sick!" He crossed his arms and turned his head to stare at the wall. "I don't care if you don't like it, but I don't want to be told that you died on a mission because you were off your game because you were sick. Alright?" He looked back at me and nodded. "Ok then let's get you back into bed. I have blankets if you get cold, and I can make soup. First, let's figure out what this is." I helped lay him back down and put a blanket over him. I propped his head up with some pillows. "Is that good?" He nodded. "Ok, now in order for me to take care of you you're going to have to take off some masks. Just the main one and the one over your mouth, not your eyes. Ok?" He was still for a bit, then nodded his head slowly. "Ok, do you want to take them off or can I?" He nodded his head at me. "Alright, thanks Kuro." I was crouched next to his head so I was able to just reach out and take the mask off. I then pulled the nose and mouth mask down slowly. I was still surprised by the paleness of his skin, but I could see nothing wrong with his face at all. His face was actually very pretty from what I could see. "Are you cold or hot?" He grabbed my hand. Hot. I grabbed a rag and dipped it in the cold water. I rung out the excess water and then folded it so it would fit on his forehead. When I put it on, I could see that he relaxed a little. Gotta remember to change that frequently. "I'm going to go make soup. Don't do anything stupid and stay where you are, ok?" I got a nod in response. "Good." I closed the door behind me and went to go make soup as quick as I could. I didn't like leaving Kuro alone, especially when he is sick.

Kuro's POV:

I was burning up so I kicked the blanket off of me. It was nice for a few seconds, but then I started to get cold. Goosebumps ran up my arms and I started to shiver. I tried to grab the blanket with my feet, but only succeeded in pushing it further away. I tried to move my arms but they had locked up into the crossed position. I lay there for a couple minutes shivering, trying to figure out how to get the blanket. Eventually I just curled up into a ball to conserve some warmth. Look at you Kuro. You are an Anbu captain and you are the most dangerous person on the planet. You are named the Black Plague for goodness sake! Jeez, weak. A few minutes later, which felt like ages, I heard footsteps coming towards the bedroom. I knew it was Kakashi with soup. When he entered the room. I heard a sigh and then he quickly walked over to the bedside table and set down some soup. "Kuro, you have to keep the blanket on, or you will get cold." He pulled a blanket over me and then helped me sit up so I could eat. I was now a little warm, but I had learned to not get rid of the blanket. "Alright, I'm gonna feed you soup, then you are going to sleep. Ok?" I nodded. I ate the soup slowly and started to feel a little better. He then gave me some medicine that tasted like rotten strawberries that had been covered in sugar. I didn't like that and I guess he could see that because he chuckled and said, " Yeah I know, tastes bad, doesn't it? Anyway that was the last thing, so time to sleep." Kakashi helped me lay back down and covered me with the blanket. He then replaced the rag that had been on my forehead. "Ok, sleepy time now kuro. I'll be right here the entire time so don't worry." I gave him a thumbs up and then closed my eyes and fell asleep.
The next time I woke up it was morning. I was still really warm, but I didn't want to get rid of the blanket again. I looked around for Kakashi. The chair was empty. I started to panic a little, but then I heard footsteps coming towards the room. Kakashi walked in the room. "Ah, you're awake. You need to take some medicine and eat something." I nodded and he walked over to the bedside table. After I had eaten some soup and had another spoonful of that rotten strawberry covered in sugar medicine, I grabbed Kakashi's hand and pulled it towards me. "What?" Cuddle "you're sick." So "soooo I don't want to get sick either. Then who will take care of me?" I pointed to myself. "But your still sick." I shrugged and pulled his hand again. "Kuro, I'm not going to snuggle with you." I tugged on his hand. "No." I frowned and kakashi's breath hitched. I was confused but then remembered that he has never seen me frown before. I can win this with my cuteness! I tugged on his arm and he lurched forward a little, but he caught himself as he realized what was happening. Pwease He sighed. "Kuro, I can't." Pwetty pwease. "He hesitated and I knew I was winning. "No kuro." Now for my secret weapon. Haha bakashi! Good luck with this one! Pwease papa Kakashi stared at me with his eye wide in shock. He then looked happy and smiled a little. I tugged on his hand and he sighed. "Ok, but only this once, got it kuro?" I nodded. He slid into bed next to me and I snuggled up to him. He wrapped himself around me and I nuzzled my face into his chest. I felt a little bit of vibration as he chucked a little. I looked up at him and cocked my head. "Jeez Kuro, you're just so cute sometimes." I nodded. "Did you really mean what you said?" I cocked my head. "You know, papa?" I stared at him for a second and then nodded. He looked relieved and really happy. " also did you seriously spell out in Morse code please and pretty wrong just so I would snuggle with you?" Wes He chuckled and I smiled. "Awwww, kuro you look so cute when you smile!" I smushed my face into his chest. This is why I wear masks! His chest rumbled with vibrations as he laughed at me. He squeezed me tighter to him and I fell asleep to his steady breathing and the thrum of his heartbeat.

I woke up to being a normal temperature, but really sweaty. I guess the fever broke. I poked Kakashi until he woke up. "What kuro? Oh, your fever broke. That's good then, let's get you out of those clothes ok? Ok." He released me and got up out of bed. Then he grabbed me and picked me up. We went to my room where he grabbed some clothes and I grabbed the rest. He then brought me to the bathroom and told me to shower and change while he makes breakfast. After doing this and eating yummy breakfast, I found myself lying on Bakakshi's chest on the couch. He was reading his pervy book and I was dozing off. "So this team passed. It is exactly like my old team, and Minato-senseis. You were right I guess. We have some d rank missions in the village so far. It probably won't be long before Naruto wants a c rank or something." They are promising. If naruto gets serious and starts to apply some thinking he will be amazing. Sakura needs to start training and stop thinking about sasuke. Sasuke needs to stop thinking about revenge and he will be amazing as well. I think their teamwork could be impeccable as well. Good luck. "You know, you're not helping give me and confidence. Also, you are also their sensei. So don't act like it isn't your problem." I nodded. "Alright I guess I should be going. You can do missions, but no week long ones. Only easy ones, ok?" I nodded again. "Ok."

End chapter 9

Short chapter, but I like this one! Usual disclaimers... I don't own naruto! I only own my oc's and some of the plot! 😆