Chapter 51 - My light

Start from the beginning

Glancing back up at my once upon a time best friend, I sneer, "Why do you know where my girlfriend is?"

Grabbing the doorknob, he twists it open. Before he disappears from my sight, he whispers, sadness clouding his face, "Because I'm a monster."

***

Running into the hospital doors, I tap my hand on the information desk impatiently where an old lady is sitting behind.

Looking up at me from the book she was reading, she says boredly, "Can I help you?"

"I'm looking for a patient that was just admitted in the hospital named Mark, I don't know his last name but I need to see him fast."

"He was just admitted a few minutes ago. A young lady was with him, yes?"

I nod, unable to find words.

She nods and types and on her keyword loudly, "He's on the third floor, in room 306-"

Before the kind lady could finish, I run off to the elevator and press the button to go up several times.

My head falls against the elevator walls as it elevates up.

The entire plane ride here I couldn't help but think how weird it was that Dante knew where I was, and how he somehow knew where Lola was.

Rage fills my body as I knew from the start Dante would pull a stunt that would put Lola in danger. However, what my mind can't wrap around is why he would want to help us if he put her into this situation.

Once the doors finally open, my legs move at a fast pace as I glance at every door number until my eyes meet with the one I'm longing to be in.

I grip the doorknob and push it open and hard, my heart beat quickness when I spot Lola sitting in a chair with her legs pulled to her chest. The necklace I gifted to her is being fumbled in her small hands. Tears are running down her face as she stares at nothing. I advert my gaze to the man lying on a hospital bed once again looking like he's beaten practically to death, but the movements of his chest tell me otherwise.

Moving my legs as fast as they can let me, I drop onto my knees and grab my angel's face, "Butterfly," I whisper.

She creeps her head up and when her eyes meet mine my heart shatters, her beautiful brown eyes are filled with tears and the whites of her eyes are coated with redness. Her eyes are so puffy, a giant bruise overpowers the left side of her cheek.

My blood pressure rises knowing someone hit my girl, although a thought comes to my mind that reminds me at least she's alive.

However, looking at the once merry girl that I've grown to love is not the same girl sitting in front of me.

The girl I'm staring at right now is the complete opposite, she's broken.

"I'm so relieved you're okay," I shake my head and pull her off the chair, I sit on it and pull her into my lap. She straddles my waist and pushes her face in my neck, breathing in shakily.

Grabbing the back of her neck, I place my head on her shoulder and breath in the scent I've fallen in love with.

"I'm so sorry," she breathes out, panting. I feel tear drops falling on my neck at a fast pace, "I'm so sorry I left you Chrissy, please forgive me."

I shake my head against her in disbelief, "You have nothing to apologize for, butterfly I understand."

Nodding my head, I bring my lips to her ear and whisper lightly, "The only thing that matters is that you're safe in my arms."