[7] a strike of surprise.

Your eyes widen as the young blonde told you about his experience with the anemo archon, how his gnosis was stolen.
By La signora.
Out of all of the harbingers you didn't expect her to be the one to take barbatos' gnosis, but considering how much she devoted herself to do her best for the tsaritsa it honestly was coming.

But the fact that you might really face her really scared you, it wasn't that she was scary and strong, but some memories that you wish were erased that got in the way.

Your body started slightly trembling and diluc noticed it first, he started rubbing your back to confront you and you gave him a small smile, turning your head back to the traveler.

"Aether, any idea where la signora might be?" Your own question surprised you, you didn't wanna ask him that but you let it slide, a frown came on paimon's face "no idea! She froze paimon and paimon couldn't even comprehend the situation"

You sighed in dissatisfaction, guess the only reason to find out more about this is if you're gonna dig into it yourself, you noticed the mood was going down, pushing all of the bad thoughts aside for now, you jumped from your seat and cheered.

"Come on now! What's with those looks? I'm not gonna be here forever so let's enjoy it while it's here! Tonight is gonna be one of the best nights we've spent together, let's push all of the awful thoughts away and have fun." The sudden change of your mood gave everyone a shock, but soon enough they all had the same energy.

their frowns faded into smiles and everyone began drinking together except the traveler since he was underage, you were about to grab another drink when you saw a fatui agent standing outside the tavern through the window.

Accidentally choking on your drink, you laughed it off to keep diluc and Kaeya from noticing the fatui agent outside, if they noticed it wouldn't be very pleasant.

"Woah are you okay doll face?" Kaeya seemed surprised from your stupid accident, you assured him it was fine "you're acting a little bit weird" Kaeya grabbed another drink.

"Oh it's nothing haha.." you nervously smiled.

Switching your gaze over to diluc, you noticed him staring outside THAT window, the frown on his face deepened and jumped over the counter and started walking towards the door.

Panicking you jumped from your seat and clung onto his arm "wait wait! Just ignore the fatui agent for now!" He was surprised from your actions, why wouldn't you let him kill the agent?

"You're really strange tonight (Name).." the red head raised a brow, you sighed and let go off him.

"I'll tell you guys later but for now, let me deal with that fatui agent."
He just simply nodded and went back to the counter, but he kept his gaze on the agent.

furrowing your eyebrows you opened the door, closing it behind you and walking over to the fatui agent.
"What is it?" You crossed your arms.

"Master Childe has told us to be your guards." The fatui's words made your eyes widen, was this guy for real?

"Us?"

A few more fatui agents came out from the corners and saluted you, if the civilians saw them with you it wouldn't be good, but what was childe thinking? Sending out agents as your guards, doesn't he know how much power you wield?

"Thanks but you guys can go, it's not necessary for me to have guards as I can protect myself." You sighed and gestured for them to leave and they did.

Walking back in the tavern, you were met with an upset diluc, and a confused Kaeya.

"So? Mind explaining to us what kind of business you have with the fatui?" Diluc said.

Oh boy..here we go.