[8] Choices.

"So yeah..that's basically what happened." You looked down guilty for not telling them.
Kaeya's jaw was on the floor and diluc just looked furious.

"They know what happened to you and how terrible the fatui are but they still became partners?" Kaeya muttered in disbelief.

You just nodded and looked back at them, Kaeya put his hand on his forehead and looked over to diluc, waiting for him to say something.
"Shouldn't you leave the Cielo?" Diluc asked, your eyes slightly widened at his question.

"I never thought about that, but I don't think it's necessary." wouldn't it be selfish for you to leave the cielo organization just because of working with the fatui? You had to think of how the others would feel.

"Oh yes it necessary (Name)! Who knows what will happen? the fatui might recognize you and come after you" kaeya cried out, you were a precious friend of his, and the thought of losing you made him Really upset.

"But..the others.." you mumbled, diluc walked up to you and placed a hand on your shoulder.
"You have to stop putting others before you."

You looked down once again, should you really leave the cielo? Would it be okay for you to just abandon the organization that you've been working in for years? What if-

Your thoughts were cut off when the tavern door opened, revealing a certain fatui harbinger.

"Yoo-hoo! Ojou chan!" The harbinger cooed.

"Gwah!" Startled, you panicked and fell off your chair, landing on your butt on the floor.

"C-childe! What a surprise! Why are you here?" You laughed off the embarrassing fall, Kaeya helped you up and eyed childe curiously.

"Well we have a mission together, and I had to come get you." Childe simply gave you a smile, he seemed happy about it, you on the other hand. Didn't want to go, you still wanted to spend time with diluc and Kaeya.

"Can't you go with someone else?" You asked, surely there was someone else that would be able to take your spot.

"No can do, this mission is assigned for us"

You groaned and looked at diluc and Kaeya, diluc had his gaze on childe and Kaeya just smiled at you sadly, you gave them both a hug and made your way towards Childe, giving the cavalry captain and the owner of the tavern one last smile.

"Please think about what I told you." Diluc said in a monotone voice.
"Don't worry I will, I'll be sure to give you guys another visit soon, goodbye for now!" You waved at them and walked out of the tavern, childe following after you.

"Sooo..what did that red hair guy tell you?" Childe asked you, for some reason he loved butting in your business.
"That's not for you to know." You simply answered him, looking in another direction.

Childe went quite for a few seconds, he looked down at his vision. Then he touched his mask with his hand, then he spoke again.

"Why would you wanna leave the cielo? Do you really hate the fatui that much?" His cheerful tone was gone.

Your eyebrows furrowed, your (e/c) orbs glaring at him from the side.
"Were you eavesdropping?"

"Does it matter? but seriously though, why do you hate the fatui?" He asked you once again, why was he going about it so much.

"Mind your own business childe." Your pace sped up and you walked infront of  him, making sure to be as far away from him as possible.

"Alright, my bad Ojou chan." childe sighed.

You kinda felt bad, he just wanted to know why you disliked the fatui to the point you'd leave your own organization, maybe you'd overreacted a bit, you opened your mouth to say something, but nothing came out.

"Sorry.."