I Believe Kyou Can Change The World

((Kyou by me. ('。• ᵕ •。') ♡))

Water.

H2O.

One of the five traditional elements.

The liquid which covers over seventy percent of the Earth's surface, which makes up approximately the same amount of a human's body, and without which all known forms of life will surely perish.

Also, pure fucking yin.

Kyou watched, a grin on her face, as the water floating above her palm held the shape of a sphere, liquid despite the freezing temperatures. After talking it out with Tobi—the one true genius of their generation—she realized what she'd been doing wrong. Yin was the element of imagination, so why the fuck was she trying to find physical signs of its existence? It was already inside her, powering her daydreams and nightmares alike. All she had to do was harness that potential for her own ends.

Again, she wasn't really sure how it worked and she didn't have the technical vocabulary to describe exactly what she was doing, but, in the most basic of terms, she was just letting what she wanted to happen happen on its own terms, picturing the end result without fussing over how it came to be. It was a little hard, at first, since her sharingan had her so used to knowing every step her jutsus took, but once she learned how to take a backseat to her own chakra, it was actually pretty nice.

The water shit was a neat bonus, too.

She noticed right away that gathering yin chakra almost always resulted in a gathering of atmospheric water, too. The water was easier to manipulate when she circulated yin chakra through it, taking all sorts of shapes that were inconceivable only one conversation ago.

Tobi was so fucking awesome. She wanted to share to the fruits of his mental labor with him, but she wasn't sure she wanted to. Was it selfish? Obviously. But, if she kept her discoveries to herself, she'd have a reason to seek him out.

Plus, she kinda liked being the only legit waterbender in existence. Sue her.

The sphere of water changed shape, coating her hand like a glove. The fingers hardened into points, becoming wickedly sharp claws that glittered the harsh winter sun.

Mwahahaha! No longer did she need to use hand signs to turn water into ice! Now, it happened the instant she imagined it, the element helpless before the might of her whims!

Her entire body was filled with buoyant joy as she threw her arm out to the side, the deadly cones flying from her fingertips and embedding themselves into an innocent tree up the to first knuckle. Finally! All the dreams she'd nurtured since first learning her chakra nature could be brought to life! All thanks to the chakra whose literal job was bringing dreams to life! Who'd've thunk it?

If only she'd tried to use yin chakra earlier, she might have learned some cool shit by now.

Oh, well, she could start learning cool shit, now! Who was gonna stop her? Warai was back in the summoning realm, Satas was in hell, and her kaa-chan never left the house. She could whatever she wanted! Mwahahahaha!

Ok, evil mastermind time was over. Time to actually think about the thing she learned to use yin chakra for, in the first place.

From her, admittedly faded, memories of days spent scouring the Naruto Wiki, the first step to using medical ninjutsu was channeling pure yin or yang chakra. While hers was somewhat contaminated by the water she'd spent so long learning to control, she was fine with that. There were worse people to resemble than Katara, after all, and she may as well take her waterbending to the ultimate aesthetic extreme, maybe trademark it while she was at it.