Frenemies

She'd finally mastered the fucking Iceball.

It turned out, that whole water + wind = ice nonsense that she'd so easily dismissed was actually grounded in some fact.

She'd managed to wheedle an explanation of the hand signs out of Junsuke-jii-sama, and began trying to rearrange them in her favor. She couldn't just do whatever, though, since her end product still had to resemble the original Fireball to count. So, instead, she focused on the two elemental signs. The first, Snake, was for lightning while the last, Tiger, was for fire. She'd already swapped out Tiger for Dog, courtesy of Tobirama, and she'd spent so much time spitting out water she felt like a fountain. When she switched out Snake for Dog, she ended up vomiting and losing a tooth from the pressure. So that was a no. She wasn't about to use Tiger and risk melting her face off with steam or something equally ghastly, so she tried Bird, the wind sign.

And it made a difference.

Water came out of her mouth like normal, and she initially dismissed the modification as a dud. It became quickly apparent that it wasn't. In a matter of seconds, the air around her became almost unbearably hot and dry in radical contrast with the water which froze once it hit the ground.

It took Kyou several more attempts before she realized what was happening. By using Bird, she was essentially creating a pathway for the heat in the water to escape, letting it freeze much faster than her molecular encouragement had allowed. She tried the same concept on another jug of water and cackled at her success.

Wind + Water = Ice!

She was still allowed to be mad about it, though. She never claimed not to be petty.

The look of horror on Izuna's pale face when he saw her demonstrate it for the elders and his father~. That she would savor. It was already memorized, courtesy of the sharingan. Ah, such a wonderful thing it was.

The Iceball itself was terrifying. A massive fountain of water erupted from her face, rolling in on itself and freezing around anything caught inside it, like a water bottle shaken after a night in the freezer. The ice crystals were pretty, and some of them were as big as Izuna's head.

Hah!

Oh, god, she really needed a better hobby than torturing children. She'd end up just like Satan at this rate.

Like his son, Tajima looked like he'd swallowed an entire lemon. Madara, on the other hand, actually congratulated her, enveloping her in one of the few hugs she could remember receiving in this new life. It was all she could do not to cry.

Apparently, the Iceball was more controversial than she'd anticipated, and the council of elders argued about it for days before they announced that she'd completed the Uchiha rite of passage. They made it obvious that it was a special exception though, made just for her and her suiton. Because she totally needed more enemies.

"Kyou," Satan's scary face was glowing with pride. "You've done well. I've already petitioned the council to allow you into combat with me."

Wait, what?

She stared up at her father with wide, frightened eyes. "But, father, I'm still three."

His smile widened, that horrifying manic edge creeping into his expression as he pat her head. "I know! You've made me very proud, Kyou."

"A-aren't I still too little?"

His fingers fisted in her hair. "What was that, Kyou? I didn't quite hear you."

Aw, fuck. "I'm so little! I can't go fight when I'm so much smaller than everyone! A-and I'm slow! I'll die, father! I don't want to die!"

Ah, how desperate she was, to be clinging to Satan in her hour of need.