Chapter 2

The bright light projecting from outside the window directly aimed to where Naib's head laid. He groaned as he sat up and ran his fingers through his shoulder length hair.

Turning his head he saw that Norton had already gotten out of bed and left. Naib looked at the small grandfather clock that sat on a shelf by the door, '9:17 am' the clock read.

Everyone must be in the dining hall for breakfast already

Thought Naib as he put on his buckle boots and old torn up green jacket. He grabbed a hair tie in his drawer and quickly put his hair up into a low ponytail and pulled his hood over his head.

As he headed down the stairs for a quick meal, he could see Emily from a distance talking to what seemed to be a young boy with a potato sack over his head, overalls, and striped socks. Naib stared at them for a minute before heading to the dining hall again. As he walked in, the lady with the red dress greeted him.

"Good morning Mr. Subedar, have you come to join us for breakfast?"

The lady in the red dress asked with a suttle smile on her face.

"Yeah I guess so" Naib replied quietly.

"Wonderful! Allow me to introduce myself properly, my name is Mary, it's delightful to meet you Mr. Subedar"

Naib gave her a small grin as she directed him to an empty seat next to a young woman who was wearing an old coordinator uniform and had curly locks of hair tightly pulled back into a ponytail. She gave him a small wave before turning back to talk to Tracy.

Naib sat there awkwardly not knowing what to do or say. As he was lost in thought, Mary and Michiko brought out strawberry sandwiches with kiwis on the side to everyone.

Naib quickly chowed down his food before heading to the matching room to get warmed up for the day. A few minutes later, Eli walked in with a woman who had long red hair in a braid and had horns on top of her purple hood. Eli glanced over to see Naib sitting and looking at him and the woman.

"Oh hey Naib, are you waiting for a match?"

Eli asked

"Nope just sitting here for no reason and doing nothing"

Naib said sarcastically

The woman with the red hair giggled at Naib's response

"So you're the newcomer that Norton was talking about"

She said with a smile

He was talking about me-

Naib thought to himself

"More like complaining if anything"

Another woman said as she walked in and leaned against the doorway. All eyes went to her. She had dark brown skin with white markings on her face and arms, a red headband pulling back her weaves, and a monkey skull with glowing purple eyes in hand.

"Patricia, Patricia Dorval. A pleasure to meet you Naib"

"Pleasure to meet you too.."

Naib mumbled.

"Oh right, I haven't introduced myself yet, how rude of me"

Said the woman with the red hair.

"My name is Fiona Gilman"

She said with a smile. Naib nodded as they all sat down to wait for a hunter.

They all sat quietly until a tall man with a long white mask came in and they all prepared and got ready for the match.