Chapter 1: Welcome to the Manor

A bit nervous Naib quickly but quietly entered the large building. A woman with dark brown hair and a light blue cloak stood by a long table. She was talking with a few of the other people sitting at the table, in the corner of her eye she finally noticed the nervous boy with a green worn out jacket and a few bags.

"Hello there! I didn't hear you come in, you must be the new survivor. Naib Subedar correct?"

"That's me" Naib said.

"Welcome to the manor Mr. Subedar! Would you like me to show you around and introduce you to everyone?"

"That would be great, and just Naib is fine"

"Oh alright! Well Naib, let me introduce myself first. My name is Emily Dyer, it's nice to meet you! Follow me, I'll show you where our rooms are so you can settle in a bit"

Emily walked Naib up a flight of stairs that led to a hall with many rooms. Each room had a name plate with 2-3 names on them.

"Hm, it seems everyone has a roommate except for... Ah! You'll be sharing a room with Mr. Campbell, I'll go let him know. You can drop your stuff off and meet me downstairs to introduce you to everyone else!"

Emily quickly bolted down the stairs with a smile on her face. While Naib entered the room and plopped all of his bags down by an empty bed. He looked around the room and saw the other side of the room which could only be the side of this 'Campbell' person. Naib saw there were large magnets on a dresser and a prospector's hat next to it. He stared in confusion but thought nothing of it and headed back down stairs.

He slowly entered a room with 3 people chatting and laughing amongst each other.

"Oh Naib! I apologize, we're just about to start a match. Would you like me to explain a bit?"

"A match?"

Naib scoffed

"Yes a match! How it works is that there are 4 survivors and 1 'hunter' we survivors work together to decode 5 ciphers, open the exit gates, and avoid being caught by the hunter."

"What happens if you get caught by the hunter?"

"If you get hit by the hunter twice then you will be downed and will be brought to a rocket chair, the other survivors will have a limited amount of time to go and rescue that survivor. Fortunately for you, you're the rescue! Your job is to rescue those who've been chaired"

Naib stared at her with a blank face.

"I'll guide you through the match don't worry, if you have any more questions I'll be more than happy to answer them! But for now, let me introduce you to these 2."

Naib looked over behind Emily and saw a tall man with a huge scar on the side of his face leaning against the table and a petite young woman sitting, messing around with what seems to be a controller of some sort.

"This is Norton, Norton Campbell!"

Naib and him made eye contact. Norton glared at him with a displeased look.

"Norton, this is your new roommate, Naib!"

"..."

Norton looked away and sat down with his face resting on his hand.

"Norton!! At least be polite and say hi"

"... Hello Mr. Subedar"

Naib couldn't believe he had to share a room with him. He could tell that Norton was cocky and arrogant. He already disliked him.

"Moving on, this is Tracy Reznik!"

Tracy looked up at Naib and gave him a small smile and waved. Naib awkwardly waved back.