Chapter 6

Naib had just returned from his match and immediately headed to the infirmary to get his arm bandaged, Mary took no mercy on him and slashed quite deep into his arm. As Emily finished bandaging up his arm, she then got curious about a specific someone and decided to question Naib a bit.

"So, how are you and Norton getting along?"

Emily asked as she put the large bandage roll back into one of the many cabinets in the infirmary. Naib stared at her for a second before looking down and falling silent.

"Is something wrong Naib?"

Emily asked, taking notice in Naib's action. Naib nodded his head slightly, staying silent.

"Are you sure? You can talk to me if you want to get something off your mind"

Emily asked with a concerned look on her face. Naib simply nodded again before heading out of the infirmary to go back to his room. While slumping up the stairs, he ran into Eli who took notice of his odd behavior as well.

"Naib, are you alright? You don't look too well"

Eli asked as he stopped at the top of the stairs. Naib looked up at him and nodded, trying to crack a smile but it ended in him looking almost scared. Eli wasn't too convinced and asked again to make sure. Naib stared down at his feet for a moment before sighing and giving him a somewhat honest answer.

"..It's nothing, just some things going on"

Naib said quietly

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Eli asked with a smile. Naib continued to look down, a few seconds went by until he reluctantly nodded. Eli led them to his room to talk since Norton was in their room and he would hear everything and Aesop was in a match. They both sat down on the floor, next to Eli's bed. At first, there was only silence. Until Eli broke it.

"So what's on your mind?"

He asked, turning his head to Naib. Naib pulled his knees to his chest and hugged them tightly, before digging his face into his knees and letting out a loud sigh.

"I.. I was talking to some of the girls in the library... And they said some.. Questionable things"

Naib said groaning as the suggestion from Vera replayed in his head again. His cheeks had a hint of pink on them but the room was too dark for Eli to notice.

"Hm? What kind of things?"

Eli hummed. Naib's face, again began to flush into a bright red. He covered his face with his arms to prevent Eli from seeing his embarrassment.

"Uhh ... Things ... With Norton"

Naib choked out, still blushing intensely. Eli being the lovely Eli himself, got curious questioned him more.

"Things like what?"

".... Things that uhm.. People who have feelings for someone in a non-platonic way do-"

Naib replied nervously, trying to find the words to form his answer. Eli tilted his head in confusion.

"Hm? I'm sorry but could you rephrase that? I'm not sure I understand what you're saying"

Eli asked scratching his cheek with his index finger. Naib groaned and tried to explain to him again in a way that didn't sound weird or suspicious.

"Romantic love partner stuff-"

Naib quickly said to avoid awkwardness. Eli put his and on his chin and thought, trying to process what Naib just said. He hummed to himself for a moment before finally realizing.