Chapter 8

As the gentle ray of light emitted onto Naib's face, he slowly opened his eyes and sat up. He let out a small yawn while rubbing his eyes to regain a clear vision. As he stretched his arms while swinging his legs to the side of the bed, he heard the crack of the bathroom door opening and saw the one and only Norton walking out.

"Oh you're finally awake"

Norton said as he grabbed his hat off of his dresser.

"What do you mean? Don't I usually wake up at this time?"

Naib's replied as he looked up at the grandfather clock which read '7:45 am'. Norton shrugged while opening one of his drawers and grabbing something from inside it.

"You're usually so sleep deprived, you end up being late to your matches. You've only gotten up at this time maybe twice"

Norton teased as he finally took out what he was looking for.

"Oh and by the way, I found your journal. It was under my bed"

Norton said as he walked closer to Naib's and handed him the small journal. Naib's eyes widened as he quickly snatched the journal out of Norton's hand while averting his gaze away from Norton to hide his now bright pink face.

"Did you take my journal??"

"I- what??? Why would I?"

"Uh because it's you? I mean that seems like something you'd do"

"HEY! Just because I like to tease you doesn't mean I'd go as far as stealing!"

"Oh really now? What about that time you took my hoodie and hid it in the top cabinet so I couldn't reach it?"

"It's called borrowing without asking and being a dick"

".. Seriously."

".. Yes."

The 2 blankly stared at each other for a second after their short moment of bickering, before breaking their straight faces and bursting out in laughter. As their few seconds of laughter began to slowly fade out, Naib began to fill his head with thoughts of how his journal would end up underneath Norton's bed.

"... So is this what you were looking for last night..?"

Naib asked as he opened his drawer to set down his journal.

"Yeah"

Norton replied candidly.

"Why? I mean, since when did you care?"

Naib asked in a teasing manner as he raised a brow at him. Norton hummed in confusion before responding.

"Am I not allowed to be nice at times?"

Norton chuckled while crossing his arms. Naib rolled his eyes as he walked into the bathroom to fix his hair.

"Ok yeah whatever"

Naib answered as he tied his hair back. There was a minute or 2 of awkward silence as Naib threw on his hoodie and shoes.

"... Soo, I'm not hearing a 'thank you'?"

Norton said as a smirk crawled onto his face. Naib groaned before opening the door to get breakfast, he stopped in the middle of the door way and muttered out a quiet 'thank you' before quickly closing the door and heading down to the dining hall. Norton stood there for a moment before quietly chuckling to himself and softly smiling.

What a dork

"Hey Naib, not to be a pain in the ass but you might want to finish eating quickly. You have a match in about an hour and a half"