"That is disgusting."

"Sam, this is what we eat. It's not that disgusting."

I sighed. "Okay, well it's disgusting now, maybe not so much when we eat it. I'm going back outside, and let you two prepare the deer. Syria, you coming?" Syria looked like she was about to puke, so she followed me out.

"Okay, we'll be out in a while." Max smiled at me before I left.

"So what are we going to do until they get done?" Syria turned to me and asked.

"Not sure. You wanna head to my house?"

"Sure! I heard you have books. I haven't seen a book for a long time."

We walked to the house and went to my room. Syria sat on my bed while I shifted through my pile of books, and searched for a book I thought she might like.

"What about this one?" I held up one of my books so I could see what she was talking about.

Syria stared at the cover, looking confused. "What's it about?"

"You've never heard of it?" She shook her head and I told her what it was about."

"Oh yes! I would love to! Thanks, Sam!"

"You're welcome. And when you're done I have two other books that are after that one," I told her.

"Sounds good. Hey, I wonder if-"

Syria couldn't finish her sentence. There was shouting coming from outside my window, but I couldn't make out what was being said. I went over to the window and looked down. On the ground stood Max and Joshua, shouting to me and Syria.

"Hey! You guys gotta come down here!" Max yelled.

"Why?" I wondered if there was something actually wrong, since last time he called for me he wanted me to look at the deer he just skinned. There was still a part of me that was scared of what he wanted to say

"It's important! Promise! Just hurry."

"Okay we're coming," I yelled back. I turned to Syria and saw her already reading the book I had handed her. "Syria. We are apparently needed on the ground. You can leave your book here and come back and get it if you would like."

"But Sam! This is so good! I don't want to go!"

"Oh come on. It'll be here for you. Come on, let's go."

"Fine. But if this isn't here when I get back, I will be very angry." She pointed to the book she had just lied down on the bed.

I laughed. "It will be. Now come on!"

We made our way to the front of the house to find Max standing there, by himself, his facial expression hard to decipher, but he looked somewhat excited.

"Where's Josh?" Syria asked Max.

"He went to get Maddison. Since we shot the deer, we have to set up the Bonfire, so we need all the help we can get. Even if the help doesn't actually want to help."

"Oh. Well why'd you have to yell at us through the window? Once again you have succeeded in almost giving me a heart attack," I said.

Max seemed pleased with himself. "Good. Now let's gather some wood...oh good here come the other two."

Maddison and Joshua were walking towards us, Maddisom walking faster than Josh, probably trying to get away from him.

"What do you all want now?" Maddison asked, seeming very irritated.