Chapter 10

The old man that helped Loki, Peter, and Gamora escaped came to camp and started living there. He told jokes and stories, lightening many of the characters' moods.

  The trio sat away from the others during dinner to talk for a bit. They mostly made small talk as they ate, the same thought roaming across their minds.

  "Does anybody else think it's suspicious Mark hasn't tried to break out yet?" Peter finally asked when all three were done.

"I agree," Loki frowned. "He seems the type to attempt to escape at least once. Either he or HYDRA must be planning something."

"I also agree," Gamora added. "We should check on the two, do our own little interrogation, find out what they are hiding."

  The three crept away and into the basement were the prisoners were kept. Without making too much noise, they opened the creaky old door and slipped into the small dirty cellar. Both siblings were tied to chairs towards the center of the small room.

  "What do you want?" Mark hissed.

"To ask you some questions," Gamora responded, causally sharpening one of her swords with a rock. "All of which you are going to correctly answer."

"No, I don't think I will be," Mark hissed, glaring at the trio. "HYDRA will wipe out all of you fools."

"I don't think so," Gamora boldly stated. "We already know where they are, we can attack at any moment you know."

  "Your too cowardly and weak to," Mark sneered.

  "Oh really?" Loki asked raising his eyebrows. "Well you are in no position to say such a thing."

  "I just did Asgardian."

  "Which you will regret."

  "Calm down boys," Gamora said boredly, absently flicking a dagger around her finger tips, not scratching herself a bit. "They aren't going to talk yet, let's get out of this place."

Loki and Peter nodded, creeping back out of the basement and going to their normal spot. It was the small shelter that they had first starter to bond in. Soon Gamora came back, unsuccessful.

"Do you think HYDRA is going to attack or something?" Peter asked nervously and curiously.

Loki sighed. "It is possible. But they could do that anytime, why wait?"

"For the perfect opportunity," Gamora replied, staring at the campfire smoke rising up to the dark cloudy sky. "They are definitely planning something, and Mark is involved. Marley seems more confused, as if she hasn't picked a side yet."

(A/N: so I guess in the soul world it gets dark at some point maybe *shrugs*)

"I agree. I suppose we should try to sleep."

"Goodnight," Peter said to the two and moving a bit farther away. "I'm going to take first watch."

  "Ok, be sure to wake me up before then," Gamora said before going to her spot. She and Loki soon fell fast asleep.

Peter scanner the area, not spotting or sensing any danger. He was about to fall asleep himself when his spider sense went off.

He jumped up and got in a defensive position, scanning the area again. His senses grew slightly fuzzy, sensing danger pretty much everywhere. A hand from behind grabbed his mouth and his stomach.Peter let out a muffled scream.

"Be a good boy and don't say a thing," the rough voice hissed.

  Peter of course, didn't listen and bit the man's hand, making him lose his grip on the teen's mouth. Peter screamed help, but the man tightened his grip and pulled Peter into the darkness, knocking him out......

"Peter?" Gamora asked, looking around groggily. She immediately went on alert when she couldn't find him.

Loki also heard the scream, sitting up and giving Gamora a panicked look when he couldn't find him. "Where is he?"

"I don't know," Gamora said. The two got up and looked around with no sigh of Peter. They woke up the others, who helped them broaden their search, but couldn't find Peter.

  "Hey, what's this?" Gamora said, picking up a slip of paper near where Peter was last seen. Loki and Nick Fury examined the paper.

"It's a mix of German and Russian. We'll have to ask if any of our people speak the two languages," Nick said, taking the slip.

  "You said it's German and Russian?"

  "Yeah...."

   ".... HYDRA often uses those languages, which could mean HYDRA has Peter."

A/N: another short chapter, another cliffhanger. Hehehe.
More is of course on the way.
Larb y'all 3000!
-Fangirl-Of-Fandoms