Chapter 5

"Well look who decided to come back," Nick Fury said in his classic position with his arms behind him and a stern expression on his face. Agent Hill was beside him, with Janet and Hank van Dyne, Mantis, and Dr Strange also looking at the search party and the two siblings. Drax, Black Panther, Hope van Dyne, Peter Quill, and Groot were notably gone.

"I sent most of the others on two supplies search parties," Nick Fury explained. "We need enough food for twenty people now, including your new friends."

"I am Marley, and this is my brother Mark," Marley indroduced. "We are some of HYDRA's old lab experiments. We saw HYDRA's evil ways and tried to rebel, but they killed us."

"Ok," was Nick's response.

"You believe us just like that?" Mark asked suspiciously. "Sorry but what are you guys?"

  "I have seen much weirder things, believe me. Besides, your talking to the director of SHIELD," Nick mused. Mark opened his mouth then closed it, a strange look appearing on his face.

"You ok?" Marley asked her brother. He simply nodded and walked away.

"That's weird, I apologize," Marley said sincerely, then handed Agent Hill the machine gun. "We stole this from a HYDRA agent."

"Thank you," Agent Hill said, taking the new arsenal, where they stored what few weapons they had.

  "HYDRA is almost everywhere 'round here," Marley added. "We should be careful. We can die again here somehow."

"That goes without saying," Hank said. "I mean being careful."

"Yeah. Let's just get camp ready for our guests," Nick said, but held Gamora, Loki, and Peter back.

"I don't trust this Mark, he seems a bit suspicious don't you think? And remember to work together, tell nobody else yet," Nick said, then walked away.

"Wait what?" Peter Parker asked confused.

  "He wants the three of us, of all people, to watch Mark," Gamora muttered.

"I have to admit, he does look a bit suspicious," Loki added. "And that's coming from the god of mischief."

"Let's go where they can't hear us," Gamora said, shoving the the boys and herself under a piece of fallen building. They were covered on top and on three sides by strong pieces of wall. They sat down with Peter in the middle. and began to talk.

"This is comfy," Peter said awkwardly. "I mean it's nicer then what we have been on."

"Yeah," Loki said smiling slightly, he was beginning to warm up to the teen. "Well we are stuck here."

"Exactly. Well until we die again, which I am still a bit confused about honestly," Gamora admitted.

"Who else do you think dusted?" Peter asked.

"I don't know," Gamora responded. "Thanos wiped out half of the universe. It could be close friends, it could be complete strangers, it could be enemies that we encounter. But I suppose we'll fight 'til the end."

"Yeah," Peter agreed, staring at the ground. "But I'm not exactly the best at fighting people."

Gamora laughed. "Well we can fix that with some training. I bet Loki can even teach you some Asgardian techniques."

Loki laughed. "I'm afraid that I'm not very talented in the battle area, but I will help you as much I can."

"Thank you," Peter said sincerely. "I want to help as much as I can."

"But you are just a child."

"I'm fifteen. Besides, with great power comes great responsibility. That's what my uncle used to say."

  "Well, I supposed he's right," Gamora said softly, glancing at Peter's sad expression. "Or was. I'm sorry  Peter."

  Peter nodded sadly. "It's fine. I lost him about two years ago anyway."

Loki and Gamora shared a sad look, then each wrapped an arm around Peter. Peter smiled at the gesture. "Thanks guys. Wait weren't you two going to teach me to fight?"

"Oh yeah," Gamora smiled. "Get up, let's go."

They trained for about an hour or two before Dr Strange, Bucky, and Sam approached them.

"Hey guys, whatcha doin'?" Sam asked.

"Training young Peter," Loki said slightly out of breath. "He is getting rather skilled."

"That's cool. Dr Strange though has found something interesting...."

  "I believe I have found a way to see what the living are doing right now." Dr Strange said. "I know there is someone you want to see. They may not be able to see you, but it's better then nothing."

"How do we do that?" Gamora asked.

"Go through this," Dr Strange said, conjuring a portal. "I'll bring us back after about 5 or ten minutes. Want to step in?"

  Everyone glanced at one another, then nodded. They stepped through the portal to see their loved ones........

A/N yeah sorry this one was a bit shorter too. More is on the fway!
Larb you 3000!
-Fangirl-Of-Fandoms