Chapter 6

Piers' pov

I stepped out of the apartment, pulling out my phone and scowling through my contacts. I needed a pokemon that could search the water. So Raihan and Nessa would be good options. I send both a quick text and pocket my phone again, walking to the edge of Spikemuth and pulling out a cigarette, lighting it. My phone buzzes and I pull it out. Raihan had responded. Of course he did. He's always quick to respond. Nessa replied a few minutes later. I stomped out the remains of my cigarette and walked out, waiting for the two. Raihan arrived first, bending over slightly to take a breath.
"How are ya out of breath? Its like 5 minutes from Hammerlocke" I snort.
"Hey, for your information, I ran really fast since you rarely ask for help" he objects, standing to his full height. Nessa arrives about 5 minutes later in a Corvikcab. She jumps out, paying for the ride and walking over.
"So what's going on?" she asks.
"I need yer pokemon to search Circhester Bay..... I lost somethin' in the water" I explain.
"Oh. You should have said that in the first place. The way you phrased your message, I thought Spikemuth was on fire or something" Raihan laughed. I punched his arm.
"Oh come on. That was a good one"
"Let's just go" I sigh, walking to the water's edge. Raihan releases his Flygon while Nessa releases a Gyrados.
"So what are we looking for?"
"A bag"
"Just a bag?"
"Yeah" Both shrug and send their pokemon to search the waters while the three of us wait.
"Piers? What are ya doin'?" Marnie asks. I turn to her.
"I thought ya were in the house"
"I was but the Noivern was bein' loud again" she objects, crossing her arms.
"Noivern? When did you get a Noivern?" Nessa asks.
"It ain't mine"
"Well I want to meet this Noivern. Maybe I can teach it some manners" Raihan jokes.
"I don't know who's louder. You or the Noivern" I snort. He gives me an offended look, placing one hand over his chest. The Gyrados resurfaces, dropping something on the ground. I walk over, finding a name tag but its been badly smudged from all the water.
"We'll have to ask er'"
"Oh, so there's a her now? Who's this mysterious person?" Raihan teases, raising his eyebrows. I shove him away by his face before lifting up the bag which was pretty heavy although it could be due water. I carry the bag back to the apartment, having three on my tail. I push the door open and place the bag down.
"This yers?" I ask.
"Oh my Arceus. Where did you find it?" she asks, kneeling down next to the bag and rummaging inside. She pulls out an old poke ball which her Umbreon nuzzles.
"It's empty. No Corvix inside" she explains, petting the eeveelution who's ears dropped. Raihan and Nessa enter after Marnie, the former ducking down to avoid hitting his head on the door frame"
"So this is the girl you were talking about" he teases although Willow doesn't seem phased since she's pulling stuff out of her bag and checking it. She pulls out a flute and checks it.
"Dammit. That was my best one as well" she sighs, throwing it to the side, some water dribbling out.
"You play music?" Nessa asks. She looks up.
"I guess" she Mumbles, reaching into the bag.
"Shit. My music" she curses, pulling out a handful of sheets, all with bleeding ink running down the pages. She reaches into her bag and pulls out her phone which sparks when she tries to turn it on.
"I might need to borrow someone's phone" she sighs. Raihan hands her his and she types something in before placing the phone to her ear.
"Hey there Canter. Its me..... Yeah I'm fine. I just wanted to know if I handed you any copies of my latest music.... Oh, well it may have gotten slightly wet....... Okay its soaked...... I chose to cycle over Circhester Bay instead of fly on Avalee.... It was really stormy and I didn't want her to get struck by lightning. I wasn't expecting a wave..... Where am I? Ummm..... That's a good question" she looks at us, silently asking where she was. Nessa pulls out her phone, showing the map.
"I'm in Spikemuth..... Yeah it would be really helpful if you could do that.... Yeah. Alright see you soon" She hangs up, handing the phone back to Raihan.
"Thanks for the help. My friends will be here soon so I should probably get ready to go" she explains
"I'll help you outside" I offer. She nods. Raihan turns to us.
"Dammit and I was hoping that I would have more time to see this Noivern you have"
"She's over there" Willow Mumbles, returning her pokemon to their poke balls other than her Noivern and Boltund. After Raihan spends about 5 minutes with the Noivern she is returned to her ball.
"Do you know where my belt is?" she asks.
"Oh, here I got this for ya. Its an older one of mine but yer one got broken so it'll do" I explain, handing her the belt which had the holders dangling down around the belt. She clips the belt on and puts her poke balls on it. I pick up her bag after she's put everything in it and we leave the house. We get outside when another Corvikcab lands. Someone quickly gets out and embraces Willow.
"Never do that again... What happened to you?"
"I nearly drowned but Piers here saved me" she explains, gesturing to me. He turns to me and begins to shake my hand.
"Thank you. I appreciate the help" he smiles, nodding his head.
"Yeah sure whatever" I grumble. He helps Willow into the Corvikcab and I turn around, heading back inside. This was now done with and I could just rest.